Headunit - What to look For?

cbuts
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
going to be upgrading in the future, and id like to start with my headunit.

what should i be looking for in a headunit?

im running 500 rms on one component set right now from my current HU(sig)

along with my other amp for my 2 12s.

but when i upgrade id like to get back speakers and also amp them aswell.

any feedback is greatly appreciated //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Well a few things,budget...what features do you need? Can you fit a double din? What do you call an upgrade for a head unit?
]budget is 200ish, maybe used if MINT, i told you what id be running, other then that usb/aux would be good too

Maybe find something to go active,but then you'll need another 500watt rms amp. to match your other,but Dam.,1000 Watts for the font stage!!wow!!!

What's the crossover like?
not 3-way active but adjustable level, slope, frequency for Front HPF, Rear HPF, and Sub LPF.

I have the CDE-HD149BT which steps up to BioLite display for $300. Worth it, to me. And it plays Apple Lossless files via iPod. It also remembers where you left off with USB or iPod even if you remove it. So i can switch between iPod and USB (using the same USB connection) and it recalls position on either. Pretty neat.

not 3-way active but adjustable level, slope, frequency for Front HPF, Rear HPF, and Sub LPF.
I have the CDE-HD149BT which steps up to BioLite display for $300. Worth it, to me. And it plays Apple Lossless files via iPod. It also remembers where you left off with USB or iPod even if you remove it. So i can switch between iPod and USB (using the same USB connection) and it recalls position on either. Pretty neat.
Ah.

The parametric eq interests me.

How high does the hpf cutoff go up to?

So you like it better than the 9887 huh?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.