Stress testing a repair?

Participant count
  • Participant list

scoob8000
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
So I repaired my first amp today. MTX 6001 (blown power supply fets, delaminated circuit board and a couple melted caps).

Managed to play some test tones thru a old 12" I had laying here free air. But I want to test it out a bit better before installing or possibly selling it.

Any ideas for a through test without making the neighbors hate me?

The only thing I can come up with is to get a few subs with damaged cones and rob the voice coils and rig them up with a fan blowing on them to keep em cool.

Unless someone has a source for some cheap power resistors. I'm looking at $40-50 worth of resistors to make a load test setup that will handle a couple hundred watts.. :/

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.