Strange problem...

lazure
10+ year member

I've no idea really where to post this...I'm having a really strange problem with my setup and I'm wondering if anyone has an idea...

First, my setup: Sony CDX-MP30 HU, Pioneer GM-X644 amp, Pioneer TS-C1653 comps and TS-A1667 coaxes, in my '94 Acura Integra.

Here is the problem. Every time I turn on my car in the morning, my stereo won't go louder than a very low sound level. If I turn it up, the sound cuts out. If I turn it back down, the sound comes back. And here's the kicker: as minutes go by, I can progressively turn the volume a little louder without it cutting out anymore. After about 5-7 minutes, I can turn it up as loud as I want without it cutting out.

For the rest of the day, I've no more problems, I can start my car cold and turn it up as loud as I want upon start. But the next morning, this scenario starts again. Oh, and for those of you wondering, this seems to be a recent problem_ I've had this setup since February - when it was -20 Celsius nightly - and the problem didn't happen then. Now temperatures go down to about 40-45 degrees F nightly, and this happens...I know it has nothing to do with the weather, but I just wanted to give some background.

Anybody have any idea what the heck is going on with my setup? Thanks!!!

A shop installed my setup. Only thing I've ever done to it myself is this weekend, I re-stripped the power, ground, and system input wires to make sure it wasn't a connection problem...it was happening before I did that and it's obviously happened since.

it could be your battery you prolly wont hold a charge very long and your alternator is working extra to charge up the battery in the morning ive had 2 alt's die like that on me because of the battery

Originally posted by slipknot87420 it could be your battery you prolly wont hold a charge very long and your alternator is working extra to charge up the battery in the morning ive had 2 alt's die like that on me because of the battery
Yep-Yep!!!//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif Best bet...get a high amperage alternator, and a good battery.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.