stolen system

Rmsanger
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Veteran
Liberty...
Two weeks ago I had my system stollen from me. It was over $1500 worth of car audio. I had a high end pioneer premier, Rockford amp 500@2, 4 audio bahn 6 1/4's, and a custom built box. This system was my baby through high school as I paid for it on my shitty 7.50 an hour high school salary. The box was probably the best thing out of the group cause it my the little audiobahns quake. Anyway getting to the point my insurance will be giving me money towards a new system. I ball park it at $1200. I'm looking to revamp the system more for Sq than for dbl's. My purpose is to seek suggestions on the best system I can get for around 2 grand. I was thinking along the lines of audiobahn, boston acoustics, infinity... that kinda ball park. Possibly MP Quarts for highs and JL W6's for subs. Thanks I need a lil help it's been a shitty week!!!

Huh you know I was looking through the board and I've never noticed before that my intitials are the same as the power supply from an amplifier. kinda wierd.

sounds like your heading in the right direction so far..mb quarts are good componets as are infinity and alpine....good choice on the sub as well.....for the amps i would probably recomend pheonix gold for the componets and jbl for the subs....and almost any cd player will work...jus dependson what your looking for...good luck

To add to the list of good components for the highs, I've heard good things about:

Rainbow

Crystal

Focal

Oh, and if you think $7.50 an hour is bad, try busting your @$$ off all day long (smashing a huge slab of concrete in a parking lot, tearing down walls, etc) for just $5.15 an hour. I hate my job, but hey, it's money:greedy: //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/greedy.gif.5a53e6246569d7ab79867170f3b06629.gif . I just can't wait till mid- September, then it gets easy, and who knows, I might get a raise.

When you're working on a budget, its better to just get one good sub IMO. Power it right and maximize its ability the best you can. That will leave you plenty of money to get nice high end speakers up front. That's how I feel about SQ setups anyways.

jbl 600.1 1 adire shiva = 300 (sub + bass amp) kicker infinity alpine all make a great affordable component set for under 200 on line. head unit i would lean more towards panasonic alpine eclipse pioneer and kenwood all make dependable stuff. components amp jbl 80.2 at about a 100. now u are thinkin gees this guy is dumb.. i said 2g's not one...remember the instalation get good quality stuff and get the components in kickpanels. also you can get 2 shivas and a jbl 1200.1 for about 500 or so but that depends on what you are looking for..and if you are not sure about the "installation" DO NOT be affraid to take it to someone that is good..it may cost a lil bit more but i would take what i recommended installed very well over high dollar stuff installed poorly any day

K so far I'm pretty sure I'm going with a Pioneer Deh-8400MP for the HU. I'm also thinking about an Infinity Perfect 12'. It takes 1400 peak and 350 RMS. I looked around at amps but I don't know the optimal power handling I need. I like the audiobahn and Phoenix gold amps but maybe a JBL would do. I know Phoenix Gold and PPI are much better than the other two but price might also be a factor because I still need to do my mids and highs. Any suggestions?

I'm in Fort Myers. I might be having second thoughts on my decisions. All the audio shops have been pushing me into the same direction. 3 shops want me to go with

1 JLW6 with an 800 watt fosgate amp. Then they pointed me to an Eclipse model instead of the pioneer. Some of the new sony's are nice too. The MEX-1HD seems cool since you wouldn't need cd's anymore. Each shop told me that the new sony decks were alot nicer than the problem infested decks from 2001 and previous. I only can go with certain brands due to my insurance company so I can't go with shiva's or any other smaller name brands.

that is illegal for your insurance company to do but if you dont wanna press the issue type r's are great they are from alpine they make a good type r component set and the jbl would eat the fosgate up no contest

That ***** About Your System But Dont Feel Bad I Have Had 1 Car Stolen And Never Recovered And Three Break Ins Here In Nc. Anyway Check Out The Zeb They Are Runnung A P/g Package Deal You Will Probably Want To Beef Up The Amp Use The Package Amp For Deck And Doors . Also Cdt Is Hot If You Have The Money Try The Braxial Comps. Good Luck W/ Your New Toys

He's got $2,000 to blow and all that's been mentioned is the Type-R and W6? //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/confused.gif.e820e0216602db4765798ac39d28caa9.gif

Ascendant Audio Atlas/Avalanche

RE SE/XXX

Soundsplinter RL-i/RL-p

Oz Audio Matrix Elite

Alumapro (not sure which line but I've heard good things about their SQ)

Image Dynamics IDQ/IDMAX

Adire Audio Shiva/Brahma

CDT Audio HD series

Diamond Audio D6/D9 lines

Soundstream Exact

Eclipse Aluminum/Titanium series

All very worthy subwoofer choices.

listen to Alpine type r comps for up front. iv got a pair and i love them. they only like 150 or less shipped on E bay. do your home work be for you buy any thing and make sure that you know what you want and you get the best price for it.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.