my 13w7 pops? how?

ahawkins

ok i just got a 13w7, powered by a jl 1000/1 amp, and it is in a custom built ported jl box i bought from limitkid7. well when i crank up the volume my subs pops on certain frequencies...so basically it'll hit good on certain notes, and on one note it'll pop. I even turned the gain all the way down and the boost. but then it doesnt sound as good....so i give it a little boost +2 db. and when i crank it up it does it again....whats wrong? p.s. the speaker wire and power cable ground wire and remote wire arent fasted in the amp all the way, its kind of jammed in there at the moment. could that be it?

\p.s. the speaker wire and power cable ground wire and remote wire arent fasted in the amp all the way, its kind of jammed in there at the moment. could that be it?

That could be it, the car could be shaking them causing them to tap the connection, it happens then you hook up a wire loose straght up to a terminal on a speaker, try tightening those up and then try again..

Blake

Subs can also pop when you clip the amp or overdrive the suspension on the sub. They also pop if you have them wired below the amp's stability, if you have that 13W7 wired to a .75 ohm load instead of 3 ohms then you can have a severe pop as well. The bass boost on that amp is also an easy way to make the subs pop. But I would first off make sure the sub is wired in series and not parallel.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

ahawkins

ahawkins
phoenix
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from
DFW40