Stock Speaker Wire OK????

Not 100% sure, but isn't ford typically 18gauge? To make things easier? Come on, talk about half assing.
yeah F150 uses 18awg but 40 watts through it shouldnt be a problem, hell 40 watts should run through 22 awg without a problem. If he is planning on only running 40 watts per channel on 18 awg he will not see any problems. Yes I would upgrade the wire but I also would bother upgrading speakers to only run 40 watts, my comps are 100 watts ea and I run them on 12awg. but technically if you look at alot of comps that are sold that run 80-120 watts rms what do they come with? 18awg speaker cables, so he wont smoke his wires using factory for 40 watts.

**** i've run 200 watts rms through factory wire. you can do it the easy way or go through the work of trying to run it into your doors and think it sounds so much better. as long as you don't have a factory amp, go for it.

Audible?For the most part, no.But it will be audible when your speakers stop working and you wonder why.Then you'll find out you smoked the factory wiring.
I will give you 5 bajillion dollars if you can name one instance where the factory speaker wires burned up because of the addition of an amplifier.

Full range audio signals in the 50 to 150 watt rms range will not burn through factory speaker wires, ever, not even the in darkest most ignorant little worlds.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.