Stock radio with subs?

Participant count
  • Participant list

Mattice

SC
I have a 2007 Honda Civic SI which has a factory radio wired to a factory amplifier powering an 8" factory subwoofer along with the 4 other door speakers and 2 tweeters.

I have a 1700 watt rms Hifonics Brutus Class D monoblock amp along with 2 12" Kicker subwoofers powered at 800 watt rms each.

I want to transfer these subs and amps to my new car, although I do not want to buy a new radio and harness at the moment. By using a LOC(Line out converter) I could wire RCA plugs from my rear speakers into the new amp for my subs.

I have no idea on the specs on my factory radio, I can't find them online. However, since it already has a factory amp running the stock sub, if I use the LOC to power my new amp and subs without buying a new radio and wiring directly through it, would I have any problems?

Could I blow my factory radio running this much power on top of the factory amplifier?

Thanks in advance for advice.

If I'm not mistaken with the proper loc he could also do it post stock amplifier as well if that is easier on him. If I'm wrong let me know
I'd just tap it before the factory amp. The less stuff the signal has to go through, the cleaner it will be.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.