Still clipping & more movement of 1 sub

OKAY

it'snotdatloud
My setup consists of two hds315 each powered by kicker cx1200.1s, Kenwood ddx771 HU and, the big3 and box built by CSCStang (32Hz).

I've set my gains by dmm after experiencing the coils heating up from clipping so I set gains by DMM @49 volts per amp with the 50Hz tone burned to CD, 0 sub level / 0 bass freq. 27/35 volume on HU with LPF 80Hz on both HU and amps. First time doing this.

Sub's and gear is only a week old. All my rap music is 320kbps from torrents burnt to CD and USB drive. Maybe I am underpowered but theses sub's sound only rightly good and loud when I turn up the volume 27-30 and will even turn down the sub level to -1,-2 and when a song is over theirs the smell of coils , again! When I turn it down whether its volume or sub level im not happy and the van isn't shaking!

Now I see one sub moving more than the other. Before I set gains the other sub was moving more than the other but could of been the gain on that amp higher than the other. I've set gains identical matching each amp with DMM and one sub's moving more. VIDEO OF IT ALL IS HERE THANKS EVERYONE!!!! https://youtu.be/b_c6OPOn3O0

...**** clipping!!

z97∅ · tapatalk

What is power at each amp when playing? Clamp each amp individually if possible. Phase correct?
If its on the HU its only Normal or Reverse. No phase on amp. I used 2 multimeters, each connected to each amp and matched the voltage (49) on each meter, at the same time. I adjusted gains 2 days BEFORE I noticed the one subwoofer moving more than the other. In the video you can see the right side sub moving less.

I should clamp test each individually now, huh?

5a76b76f96428ece40e8d3cd35377244.jpg

z97∅ · tapatalk

There are so many variables on a dual amp, dual sub, single chamber alignment. One sub moving more than the other shows something is off. See if both amps are getting the same voltage under load. Also try splitting your signal opposed to daisy chaining them.

You know how you set your gains with the dmm? Just for quick reference.... play the same test tone with the subs connected and see if the voltage coming out of the amps still matches closely. Same process but just to see if they are reasonably close to each other when playing the tone on the subs

You know how you set your gains with the dmm? Just for quick reference.... play the same test tone with the subs connected and see if the voltage coming out of the amps still matches closely. Same process but just to see if they are reasonably close to each other when playing the tone on the subs
Still trying to find a peaceful place to meter it. BUT! I switched the rcas to the other amp and the other sub is moving more. So this is something else, no?
[/QUOTE]

Definately need to split your signal. See if each amp can run off one input. If they can't then use y splitters. If the daisy chained amp has voltage drop on the rca's then it will give you problems.

Definately need to split your signal. See if each amp can run off one input. If they can't then use y splitters. If the daisy chained amp has voltage drop on the rca's then it will give you problems.
Wonder why it didn't do this before?

likely have a bad RCA if thats happening when you swap rca cables on the amps.
You know I missed seeing your post, here. And right now when I read it, I was gonna say that it is the same rca cable that (the main sub output cable coming from the deck) I am using. I'm sorry what I meant was I unplugged the main from amp 1 and plugged into amp 2 - pic #1 & #2 shows the switching I made w/ thee RCAz -->> b4
609d7f13233e0b6f96a5990dfbf5ed4e.jpg
aftR
6fe1c8fd5068e36ed8b5dc5ed294cb30.jpg

Now what I'm thinking is bad rca cable like you say. The other day I pulled my deck out to plug another set of rca for my front stage amp and noticed the sub preout rca was really tight to where I had to reach in with my fingers and pull them out before I could have the deck out of the dash and I was trying to be as careful as possible. I might of stretched them to death. Make sense? Im trying a different rca cable for the daisy chain set in the mean time.

Last edited by a moderator:
HDS 1200W power rating is likely rather optimistic. The reason you get that much woofer for 150$ is because they use really cheap Chinese parts and manufacturing. 1200W continuous power will very probably lead to failure if you're not careful. Mounting the amps on your box is asking for trouble as well.

Where is the box ported? Subs sharing airspace can load different depending where they are in relation to the port.

HDS 1200W power rating is likely rather optimistic. The reason you get that much woofer for 150$ is because they use really cheap Chinese parts and manufacturing. 1200W continuous power will very probably lead to failure if you're not careful. Mounting the amps on your box is asking for trouble as well.
Where is the box ported? Subs sharing airspace can load different depending where they are in relation to the port.
Don't a lot of people using them do arpund 1500W on them? Heard many say they will handle 2000, too. And whys it bad for the mounting amps on the box?
8be4284fb7ad030ebe939755e295b9e0.jpg

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.