stick with the current or upgrade?

Participant count
  • Participant list

snarl2004
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
mass
Currently ive got 2 12" Diamond audio D1's powered with a Kicker ZX400.1. Each sub is in a sealed box just over 1 cuft. They are in an extended cab gmc sierra so thats that biggest i can fit.

Im considering changing to 2 10" Audioque SDC2.5's powered with either an Audioque 1200.1 or kicker zx1000.1 I know these subs are supposed to be in ported boxes but all i can fit is a 1 cuft sealed box per sub.

Would you stick with the 12" D1's or change to the 10" SD2.5's think i would notice much of an improvement?

If i was to change setups i would go with 10" subs. The boxes stick out a little with the 12" and it annoys me so i was hoping to switch to 10" to make the boxes a little smaller. Plus the 12" lvl3 is too deep of a sub.

I could go for the 10" lvl3 over the 10" sdc2.5. im just looking for suggestions. I personally have had audioque's before and really like the way they sound.

The cone area of my current setup is about 226 sq inches. If i went to 10" it would be around 157 sq inches of cone area. My current subs use 400rms total. if i went new subs it would be 1200rms total so 3x the power. Im just weighing the trade offs and trying to deicde if its worth it to switch and if i will gain anything.

The 12" DC is only .5" deeper than the 10" Audioque. You sure they're too deep, man?

You could always get some of those mdf rings from Argent Audio if you need to make up .5". They'll give them to you for the price of shipping...

ya ive got a 6.5" max depth. i was really hoping to make the box a little shallower too so it doesnt stick out from underneath the seat as much as it does now.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.