Help with tuning my box and other general questions.

Participant count
  • Participant list

T.I.K.
10+ year member

F*ck it, we'll do it live
Michigan
I have decided to go with a pair of Phoenix Gold 12" subs. I've looked at the spec for the sub. The suggested box volume for this sub in a ported box, trying to achieve sq is 3.2cu/ft. The volume of the box I've designed is 4.8cu/ft. which is in the middle between spl and sq. my ports are 3x3x6.75 which is leaning more towards spl over sq.

SubBoxFront.png

SubBoxIso.png

SubBoxRearIso.png

my questions are a) how can I tell what my box is tuned to? and b) what is better, wiring in series, or wiring in parallel?

Why not use aeros, man? It simplifies things by a ridiculous amount.

There is no "better" way to wire subs. You wire them according to the impedance you need to achieve...

Why not use aeros, man? It simplifies things by a ridiculous amount.
There is no "better" way to wire subs. You wire them according to the impedance you need to achieve...
What are aeros? I'd love to make this easier

Ports are too small, so I wouldn't even worry about what it's tuned to.
What size ports would you recommend? this is my first box, so i'm learning as I go.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.