stero integrity single 15". help needed

Participant count
  • Participant list

turboed331
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
because of my roll cage im confined to a 2.3cuft sealed enclosure rear firing setup. my ? is can the mag 15" ran @ 1ohm and 1100rms in that internal volume sound good. i was told 2.5cuft would be best but i just can squeeze it in. how far off the range will i be for the best frequency. i heard 80hz is where i wanna be. im about 8" away from the rear of the trunk and the car is completely sound proofed. i guess my ? is will this car pound with this setup my amp is the memphis belle. thanks for any help

because of my roll cage im confined to a 2.3cuft sealed enclosure rear firing setup. my ? is can the mag 15" ran @ 1ohm and 1100rms in that internal volume sound good. i was told 2.5cuft would be best but i just can squeeze it in. how far off the range will i be for the best frequency.
That difference will be practically inaudible in a sealed enclosure. It's a difference of less than 9%, and driver parameters often vary by that much during a production run anyways.
i heard 80hz is where i wanna be. im about 8" away from the rear of the trunk and the car is completely sound proofed. i guess my ? is will this car pound with this setup my amp is the memphis belle. thanks for any help
80 Hz as in... the low-pass filter? That's going to depend on your individual setup. In general, 80 Hz is a good starting point, but you can adjust up or down from there depending on what sounds best to you.
As far as whether or not it will 'pound'... we don't have a freakin' clue -- the best we can say is 'it should'. Put it in the box, hook it up, set your gains, and let us know whether it does or not

2.3 should be fine for the mag sealed, just add a pound of two of poly fill and you should be fine. 80hz is ok if you are not running active and can control your front stages frequencies. I had the mag in 2.5 sealed in my trunk and the output was not bad at all but, if you want to get loud get a port bro ham.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.