'Steal Me' Stickers...

When and only when I install my viper system I will be putting alpine, audison, ID, and a few others on my car and of cores put the viper logo on there as well.
viper5901_remote_alarm.jpg
let me know how that install goes. I was thinking of upgrading my viper from my 791XV to that.

Actually, I refrain from placing security logos on the vehicle. If a thief happens to know a weakness with a particular brand of alarm, they will exploit it. I have even taken great lengths to use different color LEDs just to throw them off.
How can it be threw great lengths you just change the color of the led.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wow.gif.23d729408e9177caa2a0ed6a2ba6588e.gif

Also I might put a different brand security system logo on to throw them off if that is a way they find a weakness.

How can it be threw great lengths you just change the color of the led.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wow.gif.23d729408e9177caa2a0ed6a2ba6588e.gifAlso I might put a different brand security system logo on to throw them off if that is a way they find a weakness.
Well if I told you everything I did, then my alarm system wouldn't be as secure, now would it;)

I've been known to route fake harnesses behind the instrument cluster as well as do other things to throw off a thief, but that is the only hint I will give you. You have to use your imagination for the rest! Just think of anything you can do to slow down and piss off a thief and throw that into your alarm install.

How can it be threw great lengths you just change the color of the led.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wow.gif.23d729408e9177caa2a0ed6a2ba6588e.gifAlso I might put a different brand security system logo on to throw them off if that is a way they find a weakness.
Im curious what weaknesses are being referred to here, as most major alarm systems work basically the same. Just like the stereo, install is the key. Proper sensors, hidden back-up battery system... and make sure its always armed. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

Ive heard of too many people having their system stolen because the owner thought it was in a safe enough location to leave it disarmed. Ive even known couple people who have had their alarm stolen. That's just one giant embarrassing kick in the nuts.

Last key is to not rely too heavily on your alarm. It will only stop some thieves, others it will barely even slow down. Common sense is the best security system you will ever have.

I used to sport the logos but it's makes it too easy for a theif to identify the one to break into. All I had tho was big a$$ Kenwood sticker on my front windsheild when I ran the old 921's on the 4 15's I had YEARS ago(when the 921's came out) and they were old MTX blue thunder 15's. I stopped the logo thing a long time ago.

let me know how that install goes. I was thinking of upgrading my viper from my 791XV to that.
Will do man I decided to do it myself so that way I know how it was done and so on. A freind of mine had one in a 2008 honda accord it was very nice.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/cool.gif.3bcaf8f141236c00f8044d07150e34f7.gif

Will do man I decided to do it myself so that way I know how it was done and so on. A freind of mine had one in a 2008 honda accord it was very nice.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/cool.gif.3bcaf8f141236c00f8044d07150e34f7.gif
Sadly, that is the only way to ensure that your alarm is installed properly:(

The local custom shops charge $250 to $500 just to install the alarm, and 9 times out of 10 I can find the brain. They usually zip tie it somewhere around the steering column and they don't even do simple things such as zip tie the wire harnesses to the brain. I feel sorry for all those customers who are paying top dollar for a "do it as quickly as possible" alarm install:verymad:

ETA: They don't even do starter disables or fuel pump cut off relays either! $250 gets you the "basic" install with power door locks, dome light, and parking light flash. Second step unlock, trunk pop, glass break, battery backup, etc. all add to the price!

Sadly, that is the only way to ensure that your alarm is installed properly:(
The local custom shops charge $250 to $500 just to install the alarm, and 9 times out of 10 I can find the brain. They usually zip tie it somewhere around the steering column and they don't even do simple things such as zip tie the wire harnesses to the brain. I feel sorry for all those customers who are paying top dollar for a "do it as quickly as possible" alarm install:verymad:

ETA: They don't even do starter disables or fuel pump cut off relays either! $250 gets you the "basic" install with power door locks, dome light, and parking light flash. Second step unlock, trunk pop, glass break, battery backup, etc. all add to the price!
x2, I had my installed by CC about 2 years ago. Didnt really pay to much attention to detail. Dude put mine right under my **** steering column. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/verymad.gif.3f39c5c2fd57527b671fad3efdfac756.gif. Im wait to I install a new one to remove it, which will be within the next two months.

No stickers here anymore. Learned my lesson the hard way.

Hell I am about to debadge my entire car of all the emblems...........maybe, I tend to say stuff I want to do and it never gets done. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif Taking care of 3 kids will do that too ya.

I have a SoundStream, RD Audio and a guy pluggin his ears and below it says "I'm Louder Than You"
That one is kind of funny cause i look back and see people bumpin tryin to catch me when im drivin around...... //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
ha ha ha sweet! i think ive seen it before on here, not sure tho. is that a team or something? because if not, id like to have one. have any pics?

I've never had brand stickers on my car and I still got jacked for my deck and some old Infinity 10's a few years ago. I used to put alot of vynals on my windows, mostly band names though. Currently just a sticker for a tattoo parlor and an SRH Clothing logo.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

Enellz

10+ year member
The Triple O.G.
Enellz
Louisville, KY
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date