Setup list complete, advice?

svtjoe
10+ year member

LA
Hey guys, heres my future setup, just wanna make sure it looks ok before i go ahead an purchase them:

2003 mustang:

-1 10" alpine type R (2-ohm or 4-ohm?)

-powered by a Alpine MRD-M1005:

http://www.onlinecarstereo.com/CarAudio/ProductDetail.aspx?ProductID=14926

Front speakers:

-NIB PHOENIX GOLD 6.5" 240w

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_7294_Phoenix+Gold+RSd+65cs+-RSd65cs-.html?utm_source=froogle&utm_medium=organic&utm_campaign=froogle

or

Image Dynamics CTX65CS

http://www.woofersetc.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=product.display&Product_ID=6201

powered by a Profile AP600

Not to sure if i wanna go rear speakers....just might though..

Let me know what you guys think, any advice is welcome. Thank you again, this site rocks:D

anybody? before i make the purchase...//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/confused.gif.e820e0216602db4765798ac39d28caa9.gif

i dont think he was saying had a problem with the alpine sub...its the alpine amp he was saying you might wanna stay away from...nothin wrong with a dvc 4 type R

i dont think he was saying had a problem with the alpine sub...its the alpine amp he was saying you might wanna stay away from...nothin wrong with a dvc 4 type R
ive seen nothing but good reviews for that amp., any suggestions?

just looked at that amp...you will want to go with the 4 ohm type r so when its wired parallel to the amp it will be 2 ohms....the amp is only stable down to 2 ohms...

just looked at that amp...you will want to go with the 4 ohm type r so when its wired parallel to the amp it will be 2 ohms....the amp is only stable down to 2 ohms...
Ok gotcha, so type R 4-ohms, thank you for that bro. Do you think that amp will overpower the 1 type r?

No. That won't work. That's an 8 gauge 300 watt kit. You need a zero gauge kit for the watts/amps your using. Either Kicker or Knukonceptz are good.

Get a zero gauge kit with main fuse (200 amp), a small distro (to split power to the second amp), 2 sets of RCA's and a small amount of 4 gauge for the second amp.

You'll also need extra 0 gauge wire to wire the Big 3 in your car. Read the sticky threads in the electrical and installation sections to learn how to install all of this.

don't skimp on the installation.

Zero gauge wire and SecondSkin DP are expensive, but they are well worth it.

8 gauge is small wire, for a 200 watt amplifier. Your going to be running over 1600 watts. Zero gauge wire is much thicker and capable of passing far more current. This is required to run those amps. It is not optional.

Either buy much smaller amps, or you must get zero gauge wire for that much power.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.