Static noise from speakers and front speakers popping/clipping after the amp install?

Participant count
  • Participant list

Falloutkid90
10+ year member

So I've been running a set of kicker ks series speakers and two kicker comps. I've had a kicker zx350.4 amp I've been wanting to install but havent had the chance. I wired everything up fine (two distribuition blocks, 4 and 8 ga wire, rcas', ect.) Both amps power on fine when I turn on my radio. The sun was starting to go down so I only had a chance to wire my rear speakers since the amp is in the trunk. I ran each speaker to one channel. When I put on some music and crank the volume past 10 (out of 40) the front speakers start popping/clipping like crazy and no matter what volume their is static from the rear amped speakers and it sounds like crap (better off with hu power). What could be causing this? The amped speakers have not properly connected (no solder), but they are still connected my grounds are sanded and my other connection are tight. I can put a picture up of the set up tomorrow if need be.

Start at the headunit. Bass boost at 0, loud setting off, SLA off, bass setting at 0. Set your gain properly on the amp. Make sure your HPF/LPF is set right.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.