starting to think my box is too big.

Participant count
  • Participant list

The Camry

Hey, I Try.
sa-12. 1000rms.

current box is 2.2 cuft. tuned to 32 hz. ported

Guy who designed it for me, had a sa-12 but i think he was running it off a lot less power so he designed a bigger box.

What all happens with more power and a bigger box vs something along the lines of whats recommended which is 1.75 ft^3 ported tuned to 30 Hz

Im pretty knowledgeable when it comes to everything else in my car for car audio but when it comes to subwoofer design and box design. Im totally lost.

Im not sure. Subwoofer was sounding funny, like it was echoing. So i took it out of the box. One of the tinsel leads was really loose on the terminal. Tightened the terminal. Accidentally snapped the terminal. so i got a new terminal. Put it on. Put the subwoofer back in the box and its not sounding as clean as it was. voice coils in the sub arent black, no scratching or bad sounds from the sub. Ran it for a minute when it wasnt in the box. no mechanical noise. So im not sure.

Just kind of a..somethings not right and im not sure what it is feeling.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.