SoundQubed or Ground Zero?

Participant count
  • Participant list

Maky

Senior VIP Member
Bombay
Hello.

I listen to mainly Hip/Hop, RnB & Rap music. I love the way bass feels in those genres of music. As per my musical tastes(SPL orientated) & budget I narrowed choices down to two Subwoofers. Which of the following would you suggest to me:

- SoundQubed HDS200 12"

- Ground Zero GZRW 12D4

Or if you have other suggestions for Subwoofer I welcome those as well...

I would be powering one with my JBL GTO-751EZ.

Thanks in Advance.

EDIT: UPDATE - I got a very good deal on a brand new Morel Ultimo SC 2Ohm. I've gone ahead and purchased that. Hopefully a SQL Sub will sound nice to my ears. Only ever listened to SPL orientated Subwoofers : ).

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello.
I listen to mainly Hip/Hop, RnB & Rap music. I love the way bass feels in those genres of music. As per my musical tastes(SPL orientated) & budget I narrowed choices down to two Subwoofers. Which of the following would you suggest to me:

- SoundQubed HDS200 12"

- Ground Zero GZRW 12D4

Or if you have other suggestions for Subwoofer I welcome those as well...

I would be powering one with my JBL GTO-751EZ.

Thanks in Advance.
i dont feel they are really any comparison ..are they close in price?? Doubt it ..sq is a cheap 600rms 2 5" vc sub and the gz is a 800rms 3" vc sub

i dont feel they are really any comparison ..are they close in price?? Doubt it ..sq is a cheap 600rms 2 5" vc sub and the gz is a 800rms 3" vc sub
The SoundQubed model I've linked here is indeed the cheaper than the GZ but their higher than this model is 1,200RMS which my amplifier at rated 750RMS would underpower vastly I think.

Prices(approx) for all:SoundQubed HDS200 12" (600RMS) - 99$

SoundQubed HDS300 12" (1,200RMS) - 160$

GroundZero GZRW 12D4 (800RMS) - 220$
Gz makes some nice products from what ive seen ..i wouldnt hesitate to try them ..about the same price as a sundown audio sa12

HDC312 would do fine on 750watts. I've always liked the tight/punchy sound of SQ subs. I listen to 90% old school hip hop, R&B, dance stuff...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.