Starting new system could use some advice!

Participant count
  • Participant list

Gtwrestler88
10+ year member

Oklahoma
Hey guys this is my first post on this forum hope im in the right thread!

So i have a 2007 Chevy Silverado single cab and am having some trouble finding a box to fit.. So any suggestions there would be nice.

Also trying to decide whether I should run 2 10's, 1 10 or 1 12 (not sure if i will have enough airspace for 12 to run well.) Im thinking of going with a solo l5 or l7 for singles and not sure about what I would run if I go with 2.

Amp wise I am thinking KICKER SX650 but im not sure if that will be throwing enough RMS my way to really hit.

And for head unit I am checking out this Legacy 7in lcd flip thing. (not sure about quality but it sounds like a decent set up for pretty cheap.) Dont have to have flip screen but if i am going to be spending 300+ on an in dash unit I would prefer it be flip.

Im looking to get a system that will hit hard enough to feel in your chest (you all know what im talking about) and clear enough not to sound all shitastic.

Let me know what yall think open to any and all suggestions. Will post pics once I buy everything.

Thanks!!

(also looking to keep price fairly low so please don’t suggest anything to outrageous)

1. Wrong forum, this is for build logs, not for questions.

2. Post the sapce you have to use for your enclosure.

3. Do you want to go ported or sealed?

4. Don't buy Legacy, spend more money or buy a nice used flip out.

1. K thanks.

2. Not sure on diminsions but it is the new body style. Been looking all over and have had no luck finding anything t fit a single cab.

3. Technically this is a building log, from start to finish… I’ll take some pictures of my stock in dash unit for start and pics later for finish if that would make you feel better about it though...

4. And thanks for the advice on legacy, I don’t know much about them, figured it may be a low quality unit do to price but thought id double check. Any advice on just a reg in dash head unit?

Bump. could still use advice new to strero mods and looking for some good advice...

Dont really have a pref on ported or sealed.. I would assume that i would want to go sealed if i decided to run two subs and ported if i go with one due to box space available.. I am not sure how much space i actually have available but i know it is very little.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.