SSA ZCON

Beat the hell out of my xcon 10 for 7 years with no probs whatsoever lol..just sold it actually.at this point,i want a refund.this whole experience has been nothing but a headache.i dont want it anymore even if they fix it.

Where was it shipped from? Wondering who built them. If it were SSA themselves or someone else like Adire audio who built my Evils.
Even though the label said from Ny
..tracking was from alabama.with no paperwork at all inside box that sub came in and there were two conflicting shipping labels.

Last edited:
Even though the label said from Ny
..tracking was from alabama.with no paperwork at all inside box that sub came in and there were two conflicting shipping labels.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230518-194850.png
    Screenshot_20230518-194850.png
    58.6 KB · Views: 20
This is the best pics i could get
You guys know I'm not a professional builder like dj but I have rebuilt quite a few subs now with success, so I am in no means trying to act like I know exactly what happened to the sub. If I am going off just the pics it looks like the spider partially delaminated. Either way prep or not that's a spider failure as he wasn't absolutely killing it with watts after impedance rise either.

Last edited:
You guys know I'm not a professional builder like dj but I have rebuilt quite a few subs now with success, so I am in no means trying to act like I know exactly what happened to the sub. If I am going off just the pics it looks like the spider partially delaminated. Either way prep or not that's a spider failure as he wasn't absolutely killing it with watts after impedance rise either.

The layers delaminating is very possible but it coming off the frame is something else. You can see all that is on the frame is glue, not even parts of the spider. Every sub I’ve built to do a rebuild to change it and taking the spider off parts of the spider would be left behind on the entire landing. It’s a clean release from the area he is showing. Any frame especially a 12 spoke where the landing doesn’t have a lot of surface should always be taken down to raw aluminum, cleaned and degreased before gluing. I’ve never had one let go doing it this way on any frame.

The layers delaminating is very possible but it coming off the frame is something else. You can see all that is on the frame is glue, not even parts of the spider. Every sub I’ve built to do a rebuild to change it and taking the spider off parts of the spider would be left behind on the entire landing. It’s a clean release from the area he is showing. Any frame especially a 12 spoke where the landing doesn’t have a lot of surface should always be taken down to raw aluminum, cleaned and degreased before gluing. I’ve never had one let go doing it this way on any frame.
Same here, I want to see a nice scuffed bare aluminum surface when I glue the spider down, I put in plenty of strong clamps as well.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...