SSA vs. SKAR

This is what he ment by the VVX-12 for 130 http://www.caraudio.com/forums/skar-audio/531991-*b-stock*-skar-inventory-sale.html

Bstock means minor cosmetic flaws, there all 100% mechanically. Bstock is the way to go with you can get ahold of it. But how much power do you have? You need atleaste 1200wrms @ 1ohm for these, more like clean 1500wrms. The dcons will get down off 600-800

EDIT: Read ure post above just now, so yea the VVXs are a good choice and so are DCONs. Any electrical upgrades? You have the 136amp alt correct? Or is your bigger? Mines 136amp 08 ram 1500

But honestly if ure willing to spend 130 a sub go 140 a sub and get 2 Obsidian 12s. There monsters //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif love mine

The dcons would do GREAT off that memphis 1K, honestly the VVXs and OA 12s would too. I have one but it blew >.>

hmmm, thats a sweet deal there. i would have to find an amp to do that kind of power for around $200 (my budget) which could be fairly unrealistic. plus was gunna start with less power, currently only have stock alt, and stock battery. not sure if that could keep up with 1200 @ 1 ohm...

hmmm, thats a sweet deal there. i would have to find an amp to do that kind of power for around $200 (my budget) which could be fairly unrealistic. plus was gunna start with less power, currently only have stock alt, and stock battery. not sure if that could keep up with 1200 @ 1 ohm...
You could run a MB quarts ONXY1500(sonicelectronixs 180shipped) if you set your gains DMM for around 1000. 1100wrms is 85amps(its what i run so i know lol) your truck has a 136amp alt im almost positive(i drive dodge, you need atlaste 25amps for the truck to run on). So you have could run any 3 of thoughs sub pairs

My Obsidian 12 is on 180wrms right now since my memphis 1K farted off(AQ1200 on the way) and it still gets loud on songs with decent bass. Its running off 2 channels of a memphis pr4400(75x2@2) Awesome subs

But there is a nice look AQ1200 in the classifieds right now for 150shipped, and sundown saz1000s for 225. Both would do the job amazing for all subs mentioned

But there is a nice look AQ1200 in the classifieds right now for 150shipped, and sundown saz1000s for 225. Both would do the job amazing for all subs mentioned
I'd definitely go for either of these amps in the classifieds. Also, it's usually better to buy an amp first, and your subs to match it. Obviously it doesn't make any difference, but it usually alleviates weird ohm loads or whatever. And I'm putting my vote in for a pair of the OA 12's. Hell, you can start with only 600-800w on em if you'd like and step it up. I wouldn't be afraid to throw 2k at the pair.

As for having enough power for them, I certainly wouldn't worry. I have a 70a stock alt, OEM bat, with a big 3, and am running ~1500w with absolutely no problems.

You could run a MB quarts ONXY1500(sonicelectronixs 180shipped) if you set your gains DMM for around 1000. 1100wrms is 85amps(its what i run so i know lol) your truck has a 136amp alt im almost positive(i drive dodge, you need atlaste 25amps for the truck to run on). So you have could run any 3 of thoughs sub pairs
My Obsidian 12 is on 180wrms right now since my memphis 1K farted off(AQ1200 on the way) and it still gets loud on songs with decent bass. Its running off 2 channels of a memphis pr4400(75x2@2) Awesome subs

actually this is for my other truck (93 dodge dakota) 6 cylinder. so im not sure what the alternator is... and i have only done the BIG 3 so far. as far as the amp i was thinkin the mb quart might work as long as i dont max out the gain. just wanna get something decent the first time so i dont have to keep buying equipment after it blows because of it being cheap

actually this is for my other truck (93 dodge dakota) 6 cylinder. so im not sure what the alternator is... and i have only done the BIG 3 so far. as far as the amp i was thinkin the mb quart might work as long as i dont max out the gain. just wanna get something decent the first time so i dont have to keep buying equipment after it blows because of it being cheap
like i said dude, in the classifieds right now is 2 sundown SAX1000Ds for 225shipped each AND an AQ1200.1 for 170shipped. Both would be GREAT amps, wouldnt need to upgrade later cuz there both great high quality amps

The AQ looks very clean and the sundowns arnt even 2 months old.... UNderfire just said hes running 1500wrms off a 70amp alt, ure dodge trucks is bigger i bet. My trucks the lil v6 too, still 136amp alt. U can run thoughs amps no issues

Well if you wanna get something decent the first time... look to spend a bit more, like the AQ or Sundown. Also, their greater efficiency should ease your power worries.

I'd definitely go for either of these amps in the classifieds. Also, it's usually better to buy an amp first, and your subs to match it. Obviously it doesn't make any difference, but it usually alleviates weird ohm loads or whatever. And I'm putting my vote in for a pair of the OA 12's. Hell, you can start with only 600-800w on em if you'd like and step it up. I wouldn't be afraid to throw 2k at the pair. As for having enough power for them, I certainly wouldn't worry. I have a 70a stock alt, OEM bat, with a big 3, and am running ~1500w with absolutely no problems.
Really? I have a Honda with an 80a alt and was looking for somewhere around that power. All it takes is big 3 to alleviate any problems?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.