Infinity Reference 126* vs SoundStream STW-12S

Participant count
  • Participant list
Infinity. I don't like Soundstream "budget" subs. Just my opinion. I know about the Infinity's. Wife had a pair. They get pretty loud and sound good doing it....

You're a Boston Acoustics guy... How are the G1 12's? They're cheap too but can't take a whole lot of power.
G1s are great budget woofers. They are very efficient and don't take a lot of power to get going. Don't let the 200rms rating fool you, They have a 2in 4 layer coil with cooling vents in the basket that are patented. I have ran a G1 to an amp rated for 534rms before box rise and it didnt get warm at all. My first time on a term lab I burped a 137.3 in the kick at 57hz on 534 before rise with 1 G1 12 and just a little bit of testing and moving things around. Box was just a little over 2 @ 35hz. I just did a box for the G1 I have now, 1.9 tuned to 32hz and it seems louder than the 35hz tuned box, but I think thats because I was playing notes where my cabin peaks at. The only thing I don't like about them is there is practically no output in small sealed boxes. Other than that, those the the Ref 1262 are my favorite entry level subs.

All BA subs are very under rated when it comes to power handling, instead look at the coil and the cooling and that will give you an idea of what they will handle. Its really a shame BA is dropping out of car audio, because they have very competitive products, its just that no one knows about them.

I have a G1 12 svc 4 for sale, $55 shipped and its yours //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/naughty.gif.94359f346c0f1259df8038d60b41863e.gif

If I still have the g1 in a month when I get my spl lab, I'll do some testing with it and post the results. I bet a lot of people will be surprised with the results.

o.0 I can get 2 Boston Acoustics G112-44 12" 400 Watt DVC 4 Ohm subs for $135. I'm thinking of stepping up and paying the $5 bucks extra from the 1262's to these BA's if you can really vouch that they are really that good..

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.