SSA ICON 12 Thoughts

How the Icon compare to JL w6v3 in SQ?
The JL W6 is one of my favorite sounding subs. That said, the install and enclosure design will make a bigger difference than anything when comparing 2 quality subs like JL and SSA. Some of this depends on the type of enclosure also. JL would be my choice between the 2 if I were running a sealed alignment. If I’m running ported, I’d choose the SSA over the JL w6. Sound quality is a difficult thing to judge in a daily music setup. Listening tastes are wildly different from person to person.

How the Icon compare to JL w6v3 in SQ?
Icon in more a comparison to the W7 (high out, above average SQ).

W6 is more on par (SQ/power wise) with subs like the incriminator flatlyne, Dayton Ultimax, IDQ.

Sound quality is a difficult thing to judge in a daily music setup. Listening tastes are wildly different from person to person.
Good point. Once you start getting to mid tier and higher subs it really starts becoming install dependant (listening goals, DSP tuning, custom box, listening habits, sound deadening).

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.