The mystery of the internet displacement of sql12 driver

Kybasshead75

CarAudio.com Regular
Sep 11, 2020
Ky
I have posted in multiple forms and blown up every line of communication with Nick at stereo integrity after spending $1,000 with him on three of these drivers and I still cannot find out anywhere what the displacement of the drivers are before I build the enclosure anybody have any idea?

hispls

CarAudio.com Veteran
5,000+ posts
10+ year member
Sep 10, 2009
Central Maine
Probably about .1 to .2 cubic feet. You could pick a similar size woofer from someone who does publish that spec and get closer but really if you planned for somewhere around there a difference of a few percent plus or minus on box volume should not be noticeable and if you have some very specialized needs you should be planning to measure, test, build, and re-build anyway so it's irrelevant

Reactions: Kybasshead75

Kybasshead75

CarAudio.com Regular
Sep 11, 2020
Ky
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Probably about .1 to .2 cubic feet. You could pick a similar size woofer from someone who does publish that spec and get closer but really if you planned for somewhere around there a difference of a few percent plus or minus on box volume should not be noticeable and if you have some very specialized needs you should be planning to measure, test, build, and re-build anyway so it's irrelevant
Yeah, about .13-.15 should be just about right, definitely close enough.
Just can't believe I've been completely ignored after spending $1,000.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies
Ruffrida Head Units 4