SSA Demon (10" & 12")

Got any pics of that box in the trunk?

I'm curious how much room you actually got to play with Op.

I sent you an example of how I would have done it if it was mine, I would really have tried for output and tried to put it where it will matter the most.

I have about 2” to spare on each side before the box touches the wheel wells so I can go 36 wide. The front of the box is between 3 to 4 inches from the back of the car. At  it’s current depth I could go 16 inches tall and not touch anything above . Anything deeper  all it would do is push up the carpet that sits below the speaker area no big deal . So my max dimensions are 16 H x 36 W x 20 D.  

Double baffle and I want round ports this time. Fire to passenger side. I would like to have enough room on the passenger side that gives me the option to extend the ports if I wanted to tune back down to 33jz for rap. HD sells 6” x 2ft black sch 40 pipe as well as 4”. 

I have about 2” to spare on each side before the box touches the wheel wells so I can go 36 wide. The front of the box is between 3 to 4 inches from the back of the car. At  it’s current depth I could go 16 inches tall and not touch anything above . Anything deeper  all it would do is push up the carpet that sits below the speaker area no big deal . So my max dimensions are 16 H x 36 W x 20 D.  

Double baffle and I want round ports this time. Fire to passenger side. I would like to have enough room on the passenger side that gives me the option to extend the ports if I wanted to tune back down to 33jz for rap. HD sells 6” x 2ft black sch 40 pipe as well as 4”. 
I like this Pvc for port material... it's 5.9" ID, will be sufficient on your power up to 3ft3 net or more and has less displacement (Less wall thickness)... but that's just me. Either way I'd flare both ends a bit.

https://www.homedepot.com/p/VPC-6-in-x-2-ft-PVC-SDR-35-Riser-Pipe-6006-2/202564459

So maybe 1.5” of port (s) extending outside the box so I can have something to connect the extensions to. 
All that above ^^^^ is pretty specific, as often as you seem to change it up I feel you really ought to learn modeling. Results when changing out setups or adjusting tuning really starts to make sense once you can see the results you get vs. what you modeled.

And you'll have a better understanding why whatever you changed did or did not give the results you expected. Once you learn modeling you'll be happier with whatever you choose to buy and will really be able to do designs that meet your goals (or get close).

I accidentally deleted that email with the example but I think I remember the cubic foot and tuning. My goal is as loud as possible on my preferred music but retaining some sq. 

Chose design #3. 2.7ft3 @ 40.5hz

Cut the pieces and a test fit. 

Still need to buy 1.5" dowels for bracing.

I'm going to use Spax screws to put it together. I tested a piece since its 3/4 and it did not split and no drilling needed. 

IMG_9130.JPG

Where do you find 1.5" dowel?
I buy mine at HD or wherever I can find If available

Or make something similar with Mdf cutoffs, 2 ea 1.5" strips cut to length, glued, clamped and nailed/screwed together then I round the edges with the router... it'll be close enough

I'm a cheapskate tho... buying it is easier.

Last edited by a moderator:
Local Hardware Store should have them, last time I bought dowels that big was at store that that sells products for doing sewing/arts & crafts, shockingly that actually had a lot in that size and bigger.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.