SSA Demon (10" & 12")

This sanded pine you use? 

https://www.homedepot.com/p/3-4-in-x-4-ft-x-4-ft-BC-Sanded-Pine-Plywood-1502208/205999854

Seems like there is one that is 3/4 and the Common is .703. 
Thats the 7 layers one. Try to find 11 layered if you can, otherwise thats fine too. 

IMG_20190329_160220.jpg

Sub was delivered no issues. Built like a tank. The outer box does have SSA Audio wording on it so not discreet. Luckily my UPS person knows not to leave stuff at the door but over my patio wall.

What is the sub displacement for the 12'?

Anything Mac friendly for designing a box?

I got a new piece of 4" pvc so will use that for the port to keep things simple. Heat gun to flare the ends.

What is the sub displacement for the 12'?

Anything Mac friendly for designing a box?

I got a new piece of 4" pvc so will use that for the port to keep things simple. Heat gun to flare the ends.
Displacement of 0.16 ft^3.  I believe sketch up has a mac version.

2.10cf @ 33hz

Little rough around the sub on the second baffle so used some caulk to clean it up. More work around the port, some paint and fill screw holes. Be a few days before I fire it up. Last time I make a box using a circular saw and jigsaw too much of a pain. Weighs almost 60lbs by itself. Sub is 25lbs. Used MDF I had on hand.

IMG_6836.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Sub sounds great. Box is perfect for rap. Metal sounds good also but wouldn't mind a little more kick drum boom. I'm going to experiment same airspace with a higher tune with a Aero. Or should I increase airspace and tuning? Is one 4" aero enough for this sub? 

Just experimenting. Never tuned this low and used a slot port. Now I have an idea of what it’s about. Now I need to know what the rule of thumb is as far as how many round ports and what diameter is needed for a certain airspace and power.  I know some people say you don’t need as much port area vs a slot and some say you do. 

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.