SQL Scion tC

What are the specs on the box? Thats an odd design, how the port fires into a large chamber like a 6th order but the woofer isnt inside the box, who designed it? I have seen about the same cone area on half the power in a similar sized vehicle do 1db less from high 20s to mid 40s. I suspect that the box is holding you back from more output.
Surreal designed it. I wanted a music box and thats what I got. Its 1 db flat from 26-60hz. It feels A LOT louder then it metered. Not peaky at all, the SQ is top notch. The "6th order" is designed with the back glass in mind. If I open the hatch and turn it up they bottom out. Its basically the loading surface. I could get more with a standard slot with it moved into the cabin more but I'm going to compete in SQ also so i dint want peaky till i can add a good processor/EQ to it to tone the peak down.

I did find another peak after i got home using a phone app so i dont know if its anywhere close to ligit. It was 3db higher at 69hz. Running through the tones at a high enough volume to register the change.

fff42edcbf301998b19edb45b38e024be37bf7b6_full.jpg
What?

Surreal designed it. I wanted a music box and thats what I got. Its 1 db flat from 26-60hz. It feels A LOT louder then it metered. Not peaky at all, the SQ is top notch. The "6th order" is designed with the back glass in mind. If I open the hatch and turn it up they bottom out. Its basically the loading surface. I could get more with a standard slot with it moved into the cabin more but I'm going to compete in SQ also so i dint want peaky till i can add a good processor/EQ to it to tone the peak down.
I did find another peak after i got home using a phone app so i dont know if its anywhere close to ligit. It was 3db higher at 69hz. Running through the tones at a high enough volume to register the change.
Ah ok, that makes sense, I thought you were just chasing after a high #, didn't you know were going after sq and flat response.

Ah ok, that makes sense, I thought you were just chasing after a high #, didn't you know were going after sq and flat response.
I wanted a bit of both. A flat 46 is pretty **** loud though. Numbers are just for fun, I want a real SQL daily setup. I think i got it.

Looks great, love how well the fiberglass pod molds with the door.

I am disappointed they share airspace, that mostly defeats the benefit of having separate drivers. That 8" will manhandle the 6.5". WHen the 8" moves out it will pull the 6.5" in. The 6.5" would have been better in the kick. Maybe next time. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Great work though. The box is cool as hell. I like the amp mounts.

I am surprised at how much you fit on that battery. Well done.

Maybe a CAI would give you more room for mounting fuse holders. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif.

Looks great, love how well the fiberglass pod molds with the door.o

I am disappointed they share airspace, that mostly defeats the benefit of having separate drivers. That 8" will manhandle the 6.5". WHen the 8" moves out it will pull the 6.5" in. The 6.5" would have been better in the kick. Maybe next time. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Great work though. The box is cool as hell. I like the amp mounts.

I am surprised at how much you fit on that battery. Well done.

Maybe a CAI would give you more room for mounting fuse holders. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif.
the 6.5s have baffles.

they share airspace or not? if the 6.5's have a separate fiberglass sealed enclosure then neglect my comment. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
They are going to but until I can get some more funds they just have those cheap foam baffles.

ah, the XTC baffles. they don't count. they move. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif they are intended to be opened up in the bottom/rear.

something is better than nothing. with a build this nice, it's hard to find room for improvement.

ah, the XTC baffles. they don't count. they move. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif they are intended to be opened up in the bottom/rear.
something is better than nothing. with a build this nice, it's hard to find room for improvement.
Im having a ton of mid bass cancelization right know anyway cause I just have power going to them with the doors cut open. I cant start them over till the end of next month and I had to have sound till then. But man are they loud, the 8s are really starting to move so I cant imagine what its going to sound like sealed.

I have come to the conculsion this car just cant get loud though. My friend has 4 DD 3512s on two M3s in his and he pulled a 52. I ended up getting a 47.2 today with charged batteries. I sealed up some of the holes in the hatch where I took the panels off also so I think that helped a little.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.