SQL: Does it exist?

They don't go off of no ones or there opinion, that's why the scoring that I stated above exists for a reason.
Or else stupid shi't like this would be happening wich is retartedly sad.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0cNugcG6zg
Wait, I don't get it. So if they don't judge on their opinion of who does the best performance, what are they making their decision based on?

Man this **** is dumb haha, its like your friend sayin "where the hoes at" and your like "no such thing as a hoe" its like Man you know wtf im talking about so why argue over it! this thread just be dead already lol

Man this **** is dumb haha, its like your friend sayin "where the hoes at" and your like "no such thing as a hoe" its like Man you know wtf im talking about so why argue over it! this thread just be dead already lol
YA NGA YA!!!!

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/rolleyes.gif.c1fef805e9d1464d377451cd5bc18bfb.gif

nG

gtfo

So, explain to me how "sound quality loud" doesn't exist? //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif
Also, I utterly hate these discussions. They are pointless and semantics. When someone says they want "SQL", it means they want something that sounds good or is capable of sounding good but also capable of getting pretty loud. And throwing out the term "SQL" saves time and provides a general understanding as opposed to having to express, in detail, what I just typed every single time it's discussed. One term compared to an entire sentence, which in essence express the exact same desire.

Though one could pose the argument that there is no such thing as sound quality un-loud since one requirement for sound quality is to reproduce the sound at accurate output levels, which for even orchestral music can be quite excessive in the lower frequency register (i.e. feeling the sub-20hz organ) and even in the treble/midrange (i.e. dynamic range). But since most people associate "sound quality" with "not loud but sounds good", people toss the "L" on the back of "SQ" to better define what it is they are seeking.
I think... I just.... fell in love with you.
Are you available?

Wait, I don't get it. So if they don't judge on their opinion of who does the best performance, what are they making their decision based on?
Like I said, there decision is based on how well the athlete executes its performace, better moves like having no flaws in there moves etc thats more points for him/she wich takes him/she closer to winning. That's why theres a scoring system.

Now making crappy decisions is just gay like saying ''the other fighter fought harder but I just like'd the other guy better'' That's why theres scoring systems but even with a scoring system you could still get fu'ck'd over, due to crappy decisions wich leads a judge to give more points to other looser, thats were scoring system wont even save you from getting fuc'k'ed over. Anyway, that's why scoring systems exist, but like I said, sometimes they won't save you.

Although sometimes judges might choose there fellow country men as the winner just because there the same nationality, even though he lost. How much BS is that? That's why I think scoring systems are strictly aplied in the olympics, and prevent's athletes from getting robed.

I think... I just.... fell in love with you.
Are you available?
I was really hoping you'd shed some light on the whole SQ thing: define it, how is it measured, etc...

There has to be more to it then measuring flat on an RTA and providing a sound that judges like //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/confused.gif.e820e0216602db4765798ac39d28caa9.gif

How do I determine if my set up is considered SQ or not? Do I have to check it with an RTA or have it judged?

Sure it does, I'm writing SQL queries for a VB project now //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

Use your ears. It's not difficult to tell if the sound is coming from the center of the vehicle, in front of you, or from the sides.

It doesn't define, but it states its acronym. Do you see an acronym for SQL in terms of audio?

No, it's not only about a centered stage. There are many more aspects to sound quality. Driver choice makes a difference as well, and so does placement. Sure, you can buy $10 speakers, but does that mean it will be able to sound as good as some other drivers just because you can get it centered? Nope.

Some other aspects of sound quality are how well your setup blends. You have your tweeters/horns, mid range, midbass, sub bass. One of those should not drone the other and overpower it. If you have heard a true SQ setup, you would know what I'm talking about. It's easier to listen and understand than it is to describe. Along with a centered stage, it's good for it to be deep and wide as well.
Again I'll ask: how do we measure/determine what sounds good??? There needs to be something more credible then our ears.

And going by your definition of SQ, SQL could easily exist. Pick a certain dB level which can easily be measured/verfied on a TL, take a group of SQ cars and put them on the meter and those exceeding the dB level have SQL cars //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

I was really hoping you'd shed some light on the whole SQ thing: define it, how is it measured, etc...
There has to be more to it then measuring flat on an RTA and providing a sound that judges like //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/confused.gif.e820e0216602db4765798ac39d28caa9.gif

How do I determine if my set up is considered SQ or not? Do I have to check it with an RTA or have it judged?
Well Ive spoken my peace about what I feel constitutes "SQ" plenty of times around here. Its all about accuracy. But, we do tend to focus much more on frequency response and distortion levels than we do the other important factor.... spacial imaging. The problem is how do we come up with a test to measure imaging? I dont know of any mechanical, or reproducible way to measure it. It takes a human, unfortunately.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.