question about port area

not for spl, try 2 4" ports
ok nevermind, slot port it is, i don't have enough room for 2-4" ports, but i've got enough room for 34 in^2 slot port, its a long story just know that 2-4" it won't fit. its not for SPL, its daily i don't plan on competing

its better to tell the long story than just settle for slot ports. what's the problem?
ok... its a truck box and its only 8.5" wide, it also has a 2.5" deep 10" long C-channel in it about halfway through, box is only 50" long total, 17" on one side of the C channel, 23" on the other side of the C channel, in order to use 2-4" ports they have to be at least 22" long so i can't just fire them sideways in the box, the only way to do it would be side by side on the top right corner of the box and bring them down with a 90degree bend towards the sub on the 17" side of the box. problem with that is not enough room depth wise for 2 90degree bends side by side, not to mention at 8.5" wide 2 4" ports would barely fit side by side.

why slot port works....

box is 50" long BUT i have another 10" external on the 23" side, in other words with the space maxed out i have 33" on one side of the C channel, so winding a 4x8.5" port thru the space is a piece of cake.

why can't you put 2 ports on the 23" side? what is the box height? you may be able to fit 2 4" ports if you have enough height. the box in my sig, I built a 12" box like it with 2 4" aeros coming out the side instead of 1 4" port (which is what the box shown has)

I think 2 4" ports will fit. is that 8.5" external or internal? as long as you can fit 6.5" diameter twice on that side somehow. take a 13.5" x 8.5" (or 10") rectangle and see if 2 6.5" circles fit inside it

I think 2 4" ports will fit. is that 8.5" external or internal? as long as you can fit 6.5" diameter twice on that side somehow. take a 13.5" x 8.5" (or 10") rectangle and see if 2 6.5" circles fit inside it
12" internal by 8.5" internal

they will fit stacked on top of eachother firing straight down the box, except i don't have enough room to fire them straight down the box, too long, only other option is go half in half out, like i said i have an additional 10" so if i pulled them out 6" (leaving 4" from end of port to side of cab) it would give me the room inside the box i need.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.