Fastphill

First I will get dimensions of my current box this evening

It holds 2 12 in subs probably around 4 cf

I just purchased a new sq hdc3

Will listen to rep pop some country

I'm looking for a box design that gets low

Going in trunk of Nissan Sentra

Any and all suggestions appreciated

For a single HDS312..Id run 2.0-2.6 @32-34 HTZ..I think you can squeeze that 2.0 in that trunk with manipulation,other than that, you will more than likely have to build it piece by piece to get anything larger in there/Sentra Trunk.Im running a pair of HDS310s in 4.0@32htz,and they slamm pretty nicely in the CRV. Great subs..They will loosen up in about 2-3 weeks and you will need to make setting adjustments/ tune again

I currently have 4sq ft box in my trunk so I have plenty of room

Yes it's a biotch to get it in and out

Was thinking about 2.5 to 3.0 cf with sub facing front and kind of seal off trunk space

Still using full box but seal off trunk to

The hdc3 is pounding right now with a less that optimal amp

But I have a doc audio 3500,1 on its way

Take their advice, and don't choke yours like I did mine. I was told what size and tuning would be ideal for the hdc3 10s that I had, but chose to ignore them, outcome was the box disappointed me. Box is a very nice box, just too small and tuned too low. So again, please pay attention to these guys, especially dachef, he was one of the dudes that tried to help me out.

Take their advice, and don't choke yours like I did mine. I was told what size and tuning would be ideal for the hdc3 10s that I had, but chose to ignore them, outcome was the box disappointed me. Box is a very nice box, just too small and tuned too low. So again, please pay attention to these guys, especially dachef, he was one of the dudes that tried to help me out.
****** design. thats why. lol

Actually a well built enclosure, built by a reputable builder on here, I just refused to take heed of the advice that was given to me by dachef, my mistake.
not the box. any good 12 will do FINE in 1.75-2 cubes. just the mechnaically over damped and terrible CMS curves that some designs have need huge boxes.. a big box isn't always a bad thing but poor design and just slapping so very stiff spiders on a woofer usually results in **** poor performance in general. high group delay peaky and poor transient response. in a nut sheel the drivers that give ported boxes there bad name

not the box. any good 12 will do FINE in 1.75-2 cubes. just the mechnaically over damped and terrible CMS curves that some designs have need huge boxes.. a big box isn't always a bad thing but poor design and just slapping so very stiff spiders on a woofer usually results in **** poor performance in general. high group delay peaky and poor transient response. in a nut sheel the drivers that give ported boxes there bad name
Gotcha dude. I may have them reconed somewhere in the future, but for now, I am more than pleased with the combo that I am running now; PSI reconed Re Audio MT 15 d2 on this IA20.1. Box is 3.5cuft net after port and sub displacement at 31hrtz, with a huge kerfed port from the box Jedi himself.

Gotcha dude. I may have them reconed somewhere in the future, but for now, I am more than pleased with the combo that I am running now; PSI reconed Re Audio MT 15 d2 on this IA20.1. Box is 3.5cuft net after port and sub displacement at 31hrtz, with a huge kerfed port from the box Jedi himself.
**** i didn't think them MT motors where still around. they where loud in there day..

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.