SQ U Series Amps

Participant count
  • Participant list

Grimmjoww

CarAudio.com Veteran
Is it just me or are the new SoundQubed U series amps the exact same amp as the Sundown SFB series but way cheaper? Everything I can find and see suggests they are the same amp.

Is it just me or are the new SoundQubed U series amps the exact same amp as the Sundown SFB series but way cheaper? Everything I can find and see suggests they are the same amp.
There's probably half a dozen "brands" selling these Chinese Soundigital knockoffs right now at various price points. I think even Robot Underground has a pile of them unbadged that he is selling for really cheap.

The only difference here is how much you trust the seller to quickly make good on warranty if you get a dud and it fails. Sundown or any "brand" you can buy through a third party dealer will probably offer you the easiest return/exchange.

There's probably half a dozen "brands" selling these Chinese Soundigital knockoffs right now at various price points. I think even Robot Underground has a pile of them unbadged that he is selling for really cheap.

The only difference here is how much you trust the seller to quickly make good on warranty if you get a dud and it fails. Sundown or any "brand" you can buy through a third party dealer will probably offer you the easiest return/exchange.
I checked out the robot cat, and he is selling his "Brazilian" 3k for $300 shipped. You can actually buy a Taramps smart 3 or 3k cheaper on ebay.

I checked out the robot cat, and he is selling his "Brazilian" 3k for $300 shipped. You can actually buy a Taramps smart 3 or 3k cheaper on ebay.
I don't think his 5K was much more than that. Still though, Taramps isn't the same as these Chinese full bridge that apparently everybody and their cousin is now putting their name brand on.

The point being everybody has a dirt cheap full bridge right now and it's a big race to zero so just figure out how much risk you like vs. how much you trust whoever is selling them to make good on a warranty claim if needed.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...