SQ system?

Darian Key
10+ year member

I have a Aq hdc312 right now and i really want to get rid of it and get a recone for my sundown sa 8 and get another sa 8 and tune the box to about 32 hz for a nice sq system. how does that sound to you guys? also how much could i get for my AQ hdc312 with the box? the sub is about 3/4 the way broken in was only on 700 watts for about a month and 1700 for around 2 weeks then i sold my car. the box is 2.5 cubes tuned too 36-37 hz and about 40 sq-in of port space. Also if anyone is interested in the AQ or would like pictures let me know

Parts Express: the #1 source for audio, video & speaker building componentsOrder a pair of tweeters off that site. I chose the Morel MDT-29s. Pick whatever fits your application.

Or go to

Madisound Speaker Components: distributor of loudspeaker drivers and parts for speaker builders.

Your kicker 6.5s are fine.

As for changing the sub from 12s to 8. I don't see how an the AQ can't "handle" the lows". Something must not be right.
I will check it out and thanks ill just keep the kickers then. and as for the sub i was talking anywhere from tuning 28-32hz and i just didnt know on my sub hitting lows like those 8s can i know it is a 12 but idk maybe i should redo the box?

My HDC312 handles lows just fine. might be your box or amp. Dimensions of box and model# of amp?
Are you running 1/0 gauge wire? is your gain set with a DMM? Big 3 done?
mine does lows OK but not how i like them. its 2.5 cubes tuned to 36 hz and it had 1/0 knu konceptz and did the big 3 in my taurus before i sold it on a hifonics brz1700.1 at 1 ohm and had the gain at a little less than 2/3 the way up

mine does lows OK but not how i like them. its 2.5 cubes tuned to 36 hz and it had 1/0 knu konceptz and did the big 3 in my taurus before i sold it on a hifonics brz1700.1 at 1 ohm and had the gain at a little less than 2/3 the way up
Tuning at 36 you're going to have a hard time playing 30 and under. And with the gain that high I bet you're clipping the hell out of it.

Tuning at 36 you're going to have a hard time playing 30 and under. And with the gain that high I bet you're clipping the hell out of it.
not really i never turned the gain knob past half way lol and thats what i figured i might tune it too 31-32 and see what happens

not really i never turned the gain knob past half way lol and thats what i figured i might tune it too 31-32 and see what happens
Just because the gains not "past halfway" doesn't mean you're not clipping the shit out of it. Get a dmm...

Wanna rent a DD-1 one from me so that you can set your amp gains properly to insure that you aren't clipping?

Also. I would keep the 12 and redo the box.

Do you only listen to rap?

I had a box tuned to 32. Ended up changing it because it had to much slope on a higher end.

the gains on my amp are just above 3/4 and i dont clip. ganis are used to match the input sensitivity of your amp to the headunit or line out converter you are using. since my LOC only puts out ~.4V my gains will be much higher than someone using a headunit or line driver with 4V or 8V of signal.

Matt

Just because the gains not "past halfway" doesn't mean you're not clipping the shit out of it. Get a dmm...
i have a dmm just never really used it. im not to god with "clipping" yet but i do know you can hear it correct? its just like distortion basically? i had my trunk sealed off in my taurus so the sub was facing me obviously and any little bit of distortion was very audible so i kept it down.

Wanna rent a DD-1 one from me so that you can set your amp gains properly to insure that you aren't clipping?Also. I would keep the 12 and redo the box.

Do you only listen to rap?

I had a box tuned to 32. Ended up changing it because it had to much slope on a higher end.
i listen to everything but mostly rap yes. and i can use a dmm to do it and plus all of my audio stuff has been sitting around since January so im not doing much right now with it.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.