SQ system?

Darian Key
10+ year member

I have a Aq hdc312 right now and i really want to get rid of it and get a recone for my sundown sa 8 and get another sa 8 and tune the box to about 32 hz for a nice sq system. how does that sound to you guys? also how much could i get for my AQ hdc312 with the box? the sub is about 3/4 the way broken in was only on 700 watts for about a month and 1700 for around 2 weeks then i sold my car. the box is 2.5 cubes tuned too 36-37 hz and about 40 sq-in of port space. Also if anyone is interested in the AQ or would like pictures let me know

not downsizing. I already have a blown sa8 and i would get another one along with the recone for the blown one and i know they handle lows way better than the hdc312. and for front stage i am getting selenium 6.5 mids and aq super tweeters to replace the kicker 6.5s that were already in there when i got the car. so mids and highs are set with my rockford t400-4 except for the back area (ill just keep the kickers till i find something else).

not downsizing. I already have a blown sa8 and i would get another one along with the recone for the blown one and i know they handle lows way better than the hdc312. and for front stage i am getting selenium 6.5 mids and aq super tweeters to replace the kicker 6.5s that were already in there when i got the car. so mids and highs are set with my rockford t400-4 except for the back area (ill just keep the kickers till i find something else).
Those PAs and bullets scream SQ lol

Check mobileaudioforum.com and search for the thread started by me called tweeter suggestions, its been in the last couple days so it should be easy to find but seriously a lot more to it than just saying sq a lot more good luck

ok ill check it out. i men sq more of like to compensate for loud bass haha so nice loud and clear mids and highs with etiquette bass. i was going to do a wall in my taurus but then i sold it and got a supercharged regal and im trying to keep weight down but its hard being a basshead and a car guy ahah

alright so i read it and im not doing as big of a sq setup as you lol im just wanted a 6.5 mid in the door since its already got a 6.5" hole and it has 1 inch tweeters in the door (if you know buicks a lot of them come stock in the door) im thinking that will be enough? for the front that is..

It should be plenty all I was saying was that decide exactly what you want then read read read then ask questions

I wasn't doing that big of a setup either but it has snowballed to an all out beginner entry level sq setup that I am doing all by myself from scratch, and this is my first setup/install ever so I bit off a huge chunk that I am determined to swallow and see to the end, all I have listed anywhere is the sound setup not even mentioned the interior/exterior mods

Good luck bud keep to what YOU want and finish before you decide to upgrade that way you aren't chasing your tail

"for front stage i am getting selenium 6.5 mids and aq super tweeters to replace the kicker 6.5s"

You consider this SQ hahaha. You dont have a clue in hell in hell what sq is then

"for front stage i am getting selenium 6.5 mids and aq super tweeters to replace the kicker 6.5s"
You consider this SQ hahaha. You dont have a clue in hell in hell what sq is then
dont gotta come at me as a prick man.. im not good with the front stage if it isnt obvious already and those are pretty decent if youre on a budget. maybe you can answer my original question about the subs instead of coming at me? or help me out? thanks and im ON A BUDGET

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.