SQ double din suggestions...

YesI saw that as well. It's NOT cheap either. Around 100$ because they changed the port on the deck. Greedy mofo's... a good optical cable is 15$...

Alpine can go and and blow me... LOL
Looks like fate is directing you towards that Clarion

At least none of the reviews say that it craps out...
ya i have been reading reviews and people complain its complicated but nothing bad other then how to use. i think you can handle the HU. they way i see it is most people are used to the setting of treb, mid, bass. this uses frequencies. i believe that is where majority of confusion comes from.

Leave the "SQ" up to the PS-8 and focus on the navigation. Since your wife gets this system you're never going to hear the end of it if she hates the interface. I would have you look at the Clarion NX602 and not the NX702 since you have a processor in the plan. There's no sense in having 2 places to adjust crossovers and time alignment, and you wouldn't double up on EQ. Since you like the navigation on your Pioneer I'd consider that brand as well.

The boat has sailed on optical output on head units. I would really try to forget about that. Optical only works on 100% digital sources, and that means CDs and something like the iStreamer from an i-device. Are you really going to insist on optical if your wife wants to listen to the radio or SiriusXM?

Leave the "SQ" up to the PS-8 and focus on the navigation. Since your wife gets this system you're never going to hear the end of it if she hates the interface. I would have you look at the Clarion NX602 and not the NX702 since you have a processor in the plan. There's no sense in having 2 places to adjust crossovers and time alignment, and you wouldn't double up on EQ. Since you like the navigation on your Pioneer I'd consider that brand as well.
The boat has sailed on optical output on head units. I would really try to forget about that. Optical only works on 100% digital sources, and that means CDs and something like the iStreamer from an i-device. Are you really going to insist on optical if your wife wants to listen to the radio or SiriusXM?
I appreciate the input. I have a pioneer x903bt here and I can see how it does. I can have the nx602 as a back up plan.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.