SQ 6ch. amp?

Personally, I'd look into a solution with more amplifiers. It seems a bit of a waste to spend money on "high power" 6-channel amplifier, then use two channels to power your tweeters. I'd look into using a cheaper relatively low power 4-channel amplifier to power mid-range and tweeters, and use something bigger to power the mid-bass, or a relatively high wattage 4-channel amp could power the midbass and also subwoofer with the other two channels. Alternatively, you can go with a 4-channel amp to power mids and mid-bass, and throw in a cheap 2-channel amplifier to power tweeters (e.g. Boston Acoustics GT-275, if they're still sold). Wiring and fusing the wires can get a bit messy. However, if the complete system could be built with just three devices (2 amps + DSP, or just three amps), I'd take this route. Wiring and fusing for three devices should not be too bad. Take a look at the fused 3-way power distribution blocks from knu.

PS: Also take a look at SoundStream STL6.620. Two channels are rated 2x100watts RMS, and the other four are 4x60watt RMS. I have seen a test that showed that the test amp provided more like 4x70watts + 2x 130watts (all at 4ohm).

Yea, that's why I want it badly
the sherwood is not really what I want since it's 35x5 and 100x1 I believe

Specs on those? I checked ebay recently, no US Amps six, and I doubt I can afford one lol
ZED FTW and the head room yo.

I'll chip in $5 to help you lol send me your paypal addy.

The power consumption is crazy low, and low noise, very low noise if you have good rca's and a good deck/processor.

Personally, I'd look into a solution with more amplifiers. It seems a bit of a waste to spend money on "high power" 6-channel amplifier, then use two channels to power your tweeters. I'd look into using a cheaper relatively low power 4-channel amplifier to power mid-range and tweeters, and use something bigger to power the mid-bass, or a relatively high wattage 4-channel amp could power the midbass and also subwoofer with the other two channels. Alternatively, you can go with a 4-channel amp to power mids and mid-bass, and throw in a cheap 2-channel amplifier to power tweeters (e.g. Boston Acoustics GT-275, if they're still sold). Wiring and fusing the wires can get a bit messy. However, if the complete system could be built with just three devices (2 amps + DSP, or just three amps), I'd take this route. Wiring and fusing for three devices should not be too bad. Take a look at the fused 3-way power distribution blocks from knu.

PS: Also take a look at SoundStream STL6.620. Two channels are rated 2x100watts RMS, and the other four are 4x60watt RMS. I have seen a test that showed that the test amp provided more like 4x70watts + 2x 130watts (all at 4ohm).
This. If you have that much of a budget why are you trying to get by with the lowest cost 6 channel you can? Get decent 4 channel and 2 channel amps.

But also, Zed FTW.

leviathan_2__00224__19407_zoom.png

Love the way it looks too...

Damn, this thread sure has piqued my interest. Just emailed Vertex about trading my DC 175.4 towards a Leviathan //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/naughty.gif.94359f346c0f1259df8038d60b41863e.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.