SQ 6ch. amp?

Damn, this thread sure has piqued my interest. Just emailed Vertex about trading my DC 175.4 towards a Leviathan //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/naughty.gif.94359f346c0f1259df8038d60b41863e.gif
Hope you can work something out. They are b-e-a-utiful in more ways than one.

Hope you can work something out. They are b-e-a-utiful in more ways than one.
Sure are. I got big things planned for the next build //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/naughty.gif.94359f346c0f1259df8038d60b41863e.gif

Sure are. I got big things planned for the next build //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/naughty.gif.94359f346c0f1259df8038d60b41863e.gif
O yes, you can do a lot with that zed. 3, 4, or 6 channels. Also 5 channels I believe.

Zomg so much clean power... Most people are probably only using about 1/3 what the amp can put out... or under.

At 1/2 power its cool as ice. Not a bit of heat....

Personally, I'd look into a solution with more amplifiers. It seems a bit of a waste to spend money on "high power" 6-channel amplifier, then use two channels to power your tweeters. I'd look into using a cheaper relatively low power 4-channel amplifier to power mid-range and tweeters, and use something bigger to power the mid-bass, or a relatively high wattage 4-channel amp could power the midbass and also subwoofer with the other two channels. Alternatively, you can go with a 4-channel amp to power mids and mid-bass, and throw in a cheap 2-channel amplifier to power tweeters (e.g. Boston Acoustics GT-275, if they're still sold). Wiring and fusing the wires can get a bit messy. However, if the complete system could be built with just three devices (2 amps + DSP, or just three amps), I'd take this route. Wiring and fusing for three devices should not be too bad. Take a look at the fused 3-way power distribution blocks from knu.

PS: Also take a look at SoundStream STL6.620. Two channels are rated 2x100watts RMS, and the other four are 4x60watt RMS. I have seen a test that showed that the test amp provided more like 4x70watts + 2x 130watts (all at 4ohm).
The reason for the 6 is just that, I'm planning on a 3way front plus subs. Your option would mean three amps and I'm also running an ms-8. I have done it like that and it's a big mess. Want to change it up a bit too

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.