SPL #'s on JL w7's

The W7s have a very distinct sound. Some other subs do, like DD 3500/9500, Rockford T1s, etc.

The Fi Q is a wayyyy better value. Even if it performs at 75% of what a W7 does, its less than 1/2 the price, so theres no beating it.

WE ALL KNOW W7s are overpriced. But that doesnt mean its not a killer sub. Something like a Jackhammer really is a POS, for the price and otherwise. I thought people just said they were a waste of money. Figured they meant they ****** for the price. Then I heard 2 in the MTX Escalade. They really so ****, for any price.

yes i have had experience with a dub 7 my buddy bought one and it wasn't a bad sounding sub at all. But compared to my q i jut didn't like it plus its not worth the money.
How many boxes did you have your q in? i bet it wasn't your first box.. Your friends w7.. did he have a shop install or it what? variables play a roll in it too.. most people who buy w7's are people with money who have enough to pay someone to do it for them so its usually not in an spl vehicle.. your Fi q was it a 12/15/18? how many watts to it.. to his etc etc etc

The W7s have a very distinct sound. Some other subs do, like DD 3500/9500, Rockford T1s, etc.
The Fi Q is a wayyyy better value. Even if it performs at 75% of what a W7 does, its less than 1/2 the price, so theres no beating it.

WE ALL KNOW W7s are overpriced. But that doesnt mean its not a killer sub. Something like a Jackhammer really is a POS, for the price and otherwise. I thought people just said they were a waste of money. Figured they meant they ****** for the price. Then I heard 2 in the MTX Escalade. They really so ****, for any price.
also the space they take up is ridiculous and unnecessary

it was a 1.5 cft sealed box and a 2.5cft 2 4in aero ports tuned to 32. No it wasnt some pos prefab box i built it for him he had the sub before i knew him all im saying is that is wasnt my cup of tea. There stuff is not worth the money sorry if ur butt hurt.

it was a 1.5 cft sealed box and a 2.5cft 2 4in aero ports tuned to 32. No it wasnt some pos prefab box i built it for him he had the sub before i knew him all im saying is that is wasnt my cup of tea. There stuff is not worth the money sorry if ur butt hurt.
You don't read very well.. at all.. It was stated they are overpriced.. we weren't talking about price.. we were talking about it living up to its hype.. yes it is a beast of a sub.. for the msrp.. not worth it.. but they do put up some nice numbers

when was the last time any one seen jl subs win in a spl comp? its been a long time since ive seen any one even running them at comp.Im guessing thats where alot of the JL is not loud stuff is coming from.Dont get me wrong i dont mind JL ive allways wanted to try a pair of they're subs

when was the last time any one seen jl subs win in a spl comp? its been a long time since ive seen any one even running them at comp.Im guessing thats where alot of the JL is not loud stuff is coming from.Dont get me wrong i dont mind JL ive allways wanted to try a pair of they're subs
they aren't designed for spl comps.. they are sql intended subs..

Other brands are overpriced and people still run them because its accepted to "overpay for the brand name". Look at people who buy a brand new RF T4k from a shop. Noone complains. People just say SWEET AMP!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.