Spl Re vs infinity

Participant count
  • Participant list

alti98
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
Va
Ive got a quick question.

Im looking to get louder and want to get a re sub looking at a 15.

Im looking at the xxx or the sx.

Will one re 15 be louder than 2x infinity kappa perfects?

depending on what your powering them with, yes they will get louder(either the sx, or the xxx, esecially a 15")

not 100%sure if they'd get louder in a sealed(but pretty sure they would) but in a ported, theres no question.

even a ported xxx/sx 12" would get louder/be extremely close.

A single RE SX 15 would be able to create slightly more linear output than a pair of Perfect 12s, but it would need significantly more power to do it.

Same goes for the XXX. Both are capable of more output, though the XXX would be capable of a good 2dB or so over the Perfect 12s, vs maybe 1dB at best for the SX 15.

I had two of the 12 inch infinity references in my car last year. I put them in sealed box. The I upgraded from that to a RE 15HC and the 15HC is like 4 times louder then the 12's I had. Infinity subs just don't get that loud.

how much of a increase do you think id see if I ported my 2 infinity kappa perfects.

WOuld it be alot louder getting a sealed box vs a ported?

I had two of the 12 inch infinity references in my car last year. I put them in sealed box. The I upgraded from that to a RE 15HC and the 15HC is like 4 times louder then the 12's I had. Infinity subs just don't get that loud.
The reference drivers are a fary cry from the perfects. Making a conclusion about all the drivers from a company based on experience from a single driver isn't very wise...you are also grossly exaggerating.

An HC would be louder than a pair of Reference 12s in the same alignment, but by no more than 3-4dB.

how much of a increase do you think id see if I ported my 2 infinity kappa perfects.
WOuld it be alot louder getting a sealed box vs a ported?
Porting your perfects will gain substantial output above tuning. Switching from 1-1.25cf sealed per driver to about 2cf@32Hz would yield a gain of about 3-5dB from 30-50Hz.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.