spl design in 1998 blazer 4 door, any help?

ktraughb
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
I have a 1998 4 door blazer with some pretty good space to work with. i know there are many options to make this car loud, i just wanted to check to see if anyone has seen or personally built good spl enclosures for these vehicles. ill be using 2 12s, undecided on brand/model right now; a little over 4kw of power, 2 batteries etc. I can make all this fit no problem, but ill work it around a box design. i want to put the box first on space priority. i probably do not want over 4 cubic feet internal total after all displacement. i am open on suggestions to direction of ports and direction of firing subs. also willing to design for slot or aero. prefer slot for cost and ease of more port area. i actually havent even tested the res freq of this vehicle yet but iirc a previous teammate had one that peaked about 49ish, therefore ill prob tune in the range of 41-43. any help is appreciated. btw the guy im mentioning used a box for 2 12s, with 4-4 inch aeros and 2500 watts and made some pretty good numbers(very run of the mill design), so im sure a little better design can do even better with more power. any help is appreciated in the meantime. and i think the best dimensions i have to work with are about 38.5 wide, probably about 20 high (meca), and prob no more than 28 deep if ports face rear, but otherwise ill have about 32 inches depth if ports face a different way.

Ive seen somewhere of the earlier models using sub up and portport to drivera side. Would thisu work on mine?1998 4 door? If I do a box with port yo rear ill prob do a slot port on one side of the box and the two subs up. Slot port would be bent inside and box would prob not be too deep to leave room for amps and batteries.

U mean like a horizontal slot port at the bottom of the box facing to the rear? Im still thinking about using aeros however. Can do internally if there is a benefit to it in suvs

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.