SPL Calculator

it says I hit a 137.6 or something to that effect, I do a 151.4 legally on term lab,

I guess it takes alot of things into effect that are void with my setup.lol

Haha, it said my 4 15" sonances on 4kw wont do over 150. But there also isnt a wall selection. And the calculator(liek everone else) prolly doesnt like RD lol.
Well I did a lot of math back then on it and I came to the conclusion that in a box tuned for daily, that the negative impact on spl that box rise will have cancels out the variation from measured 1w/1m @ 1000hz to it's actually efficiency at 50hz. Again, nothing can be exact, but I had to keep the program simple and try to keep the estimation within tolerance.

If you hit 153 on a term lab, the calculator is still within tolerance. I am going to bet you're **** lucky to break 150 with that junk //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

Who fails? The calculator or your setup?
What is your system?

What options did you choose in the calculator?

Again it's not perfect and can't be 100%, but when the correct options are chosen, it is scarily accurate.
my setup fails i was hoping for at least 140

options chose weer

number of subs? 2

sensitivity of woofer? 86.2

amp power RMS ? 1600

box type ? vented

transfer (vehicle type)? sedan

135.8875db

Im thinking about getting a term lab come income tax. I could probly make the money i spent on it by chargeing $20-$30 per session. Then seing if i couldint hook some thing up with this local shop (Stewart Radio in east peoria) about doing some shows.

Im thinking about getting a term lab come income tax. I could probly make the money i spent on it by chargeing $20-$30 per session. Then seing if i couldint hook some thing up with this local shop (Stewart Radio in east peoria) about doing some shows.
That's exactly what I tried. Nobody wants to pay $20.00 to get metered. They'd rather lie about their scores saying they hit in the high 150's with 2 type r 12's. The local audio shop has an AC meter that they think is God. At their father's day comp last year I hit a 159.9 on their meter while simultaneously hitting 143.4 on my termlab. I did it with 10 year old equipment, my own box and my own install. 2 10" Rockford Power DVC's on 1 bd1000a1. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.