Spider wire repair

Participant count
  • Participant list

Diddykong

Hey everyone this is my first post

Anyways, I have a re audio XXX 15, problem is the spider wire broke very close to the cone, does anyone got a good way of repairing it, or something you've done in the past to fix the problem

Here's some pics, I tryed soldering it but it sparks like its gonna light my cone on fire

View attachment 26545757View attachment 26545758View attachment 26545759View attachment 26545760View attachment 26545761

I also had the idea of taking the dust cap off and repairing it from the inside out but found out its sealed in the center where the voice coil is,

So any other ideas of how to fix this would be great, the company won't selle a redone kit and shipping it to them will be about 350 all together for the recone, it's list price is $1600, and car audio sites can get it for about $700 so either way it's a expensive sub and I want to smash with it again

There's other companies that will sell you a recone for it (with non-stock parts). Even if you do manage to repair the lead with solder, odds are it will just break again in the near future...

View attachment 26545762View attachment 26545763View attachment 26545764Thanks, but I can't find any companies that sell it

Do you have a list you could give me.

I repaired the other voice coil spider the same way it seems to work fine

Just the side for the original post I can't figure a way to reconnect in such a small space

But a list of other supply companies for recone kits would be great I would just get the recone kit instead

[quote name='Diddykong']View attachment 26545762View attachment 26545763View attachment 26545764Thanks, but I can't find any companies that sell it
Do you have a list you could give me.

I repaired the other voice coil spider the same way it seems to work fine
Just the side for the original post I can't figure a way to reconnect in such a small space

But a list of other supply companies for recone kits would be great I would just get the recone kit instead[/QUOTE]
@SPLaudio & www.fixmyspeaker.com are two I know of offhand...

this happened to my friend last weekend. he tried soldering it, using a butt connector, tried taping it. but the vibration kept knocking it loose

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.