Specific Woofer - Sealed Or Ported Question

tunescool

Banned
WI
i was an installer in the early 90s, i went to a car stereo school and was MECP certified. i learned a lot about woofer specifications, enclosures from some guy who won the awards and all that

at the time woofers would go in to boxes based on its specifications and the way the woofer performed, the specifications would decide whether it goes in a sealed or ported box

ive been out of it for a long time sadly, but why now does every woofer work best in a sealed or ported box. are they made different, whats the difference. are the formulas i knew then obsolete?

im into blogs and SEO and making money online, and theres keywords, search terms that are pretty easy for car audio still. but before i post anything i want to understand this new anything goes in any type of box thing

if anyone is interested, i need some small description/reviews, and i mean small, for some woofers. brands i normally didn't work with, alpine, rockford, jbl, jl audio. im not interested in posting material or a brands technology, its not important to an everyday consumer. i wanna have how do they perform, whats your reaction to them, things someone buying a woofer cares about. i can pay you but its not worth much

i was an installer in the early 90s, i went to a car stereo school and was MECP certified. i learned a lot about woofer specifications, enclosures from some guy who won the awards and all that
at the time woofers would go in to boxes based on its specifications and the way the woofer performed, the specifications would decide whether it goes in a sealed or ported box

ive been out of it for a long time sadly, but why now does every woofer work best in a sealed or ported box. are they made different, whats the difference. are the formulas i knew then obsolete?

im into blogs and SEO and making money online, and theres keywords, search terms that are pretty easy for car audio still. but before i post anything i want to understand this new anything goes in any type of box thing

if anyone is interested, i need some small description/reviews, and i mean small, for some woofers. brands i normally didn't work with, alpine, rockford, jbl, jl audio. im not interested in posting material or a brands technology, its not important to an everyday consumer. i wanna have how do they perform, whats your reaction to them, things someone buying a woofer cares about. i can pay you but its not worth much
A lot of good products were out in the early 90s ..too bad most of the good brands back then are crap today ..the names were sold and good ole US quality went to cheap Chinese in unquality controlled crap ..are you looking for certain subs for a particular application ?

No. We've already told you to go fuck yourself with your requests for garbage writeup bullshit. And I still want to wipe shit on your face because of your avatar.

It's for your own gain and you state you won't pay us much because it's not worth much. I believe you there.

MOM!! THE MEATLOAF!!!!!!!

i just need to know why when i look at a woofers page now it says it works best in a sealed or ported when all i knew was it was either sealed or either ported

i just need to know why when i look at a woofers page now it says it works best in a sealed or ported when all i knew was it was either sealed or either ported
That's what the internet was made for, retard. Now go Google Thiel Small parameters and learn something, do your own footwork. We're not spoon feeding you for your basement startup business.

All speakers are built different..to react with different enclosures ..some will work good both ways sealed and ported in the right box ..some will only work in a specific box ..the box size suggested is only there to get you close so it sounds pretty good ..but like I said earlier all subs are different even the same make no too specs will be exactly the same ..to get the true enclosure needed for a sub you’d have to measure all your subs specs ..then all the vehicle specs ..put that into a computer program then see what it comes out too on what will be the most efficient for the sub and vehicle..I just build around manufacture specs ..it’s much simpler and usually sounds pretty good

All speakers are built different..to react with different enclosures ..some will work good both ways sealed and ported in the right box ..some will only work in a specific box ..the box size suggested is only there to get you close so it sounds pretty good ..but like I said earlier all subs are different even the same make no too specs will be exactly the same ..to get the true enclosure needed for a sub you’d have to measure all your subs specs ..then all the vehicle specs ..put that into a computer program then see what it comes out too on what will be the most efficient for the sub and vehicle..I just build around manufacture specs ..it’s much simpler and usually sounds pretty good
Bro, don't. Please.
He's using your words without paying you, because he doesn't have the strength in his milky white basement arms to pick up subwoofers, or the knowledge (clearly) to evaluate various installs for the performance characteristics of different subs and alignments. He just wants all of us to tell him how it works so he can use sweet little money-making keywords and stay in the basement.

Bro, don't. Please.
He's using your words without paying you, because he doesn't have the strength in his milky white basement arms to pick up subwoofers, or the knowledge (clearly) to evaluate various installs for the performance characteristics of different subs and alignments. He just wants all of us to tell him how it works so he can use sweet little money-making keywords and stay in the basement.
yup. he just needs to make enough pennies to fund his monthly world of warcraft account.

What in the fuck is this bullshit thread about? Op went to speaker school but has no idea what theile small paramters are?
But he's up to 17 posts now, lol.
Comes back every few months asking us to do something for him and his bloggity blog. I shat on his face.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.