specific big 3

blabo219
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
I am doing the big 3 by myself and i dont know a whole lot about the rest of the car so if anyone can help me here, are the steps in the sticky pretty much eash to follow for any car?

and if anyone has pics of a 1998 oldsmobile cutlass or 1998 chevy malibu of the wires that would be amazing

I am doing the big 3 by myself and i dont know a whole lot about the rest of the car so if anyone can help me here, are the steps in the sticky pretty much eash to follow for any car?
and if anyone has pics of a 1998 oldsmobile cutlass or 1998 chevy malibu of the wires that would be amazing
It's the same concept for pretty much every car. Some cars (Lincoln LS, Olds Aurora, Cadillac Deville) have the battery in different spots, so it makes for longer runs.

yep just basic car electric system **** pretty much. its always a good idea to learn 12 volt sytems before getting into car audio and ****. its all very easy

It's the same concept for pretty much every car. Some cars (Lincoln LS, Olds Aurora, Cadillac Deville) have the battery in different spots, so it makes for longer runs.
My battery is like the complete opposite side so would i be able to run that wire like straight across the top? and just tie it down

also, all of the cables are being replaced right? as in there are already smaller ones there for all 3

oh jeez. if you don't know what youre doing, you probably shouldnt do it.

With that said, Look for your - batt terminal to go to the frame/chassis. You want to replace that wire.

Look for the alternator wire going from the alt to the + terminal of the battery. Replace that.

Look for a wire going from your frame/chassis to your engine/transmission. Replace that.

You have done the big 3.

With that said, Look for your - batt terminal to go to the frame/chassis. You want to replace that wire.

Look for the alternator wire going from the alt to the + terminal of the battery. Replace that.

Look for a wire going from your frame/chassis to your engine/transmission. Replace that.

You have done the big 3.
X2

Couldn't have said it better!

Dont replace any wires. Add these wires to you stock wiring. I repeat dont remove any of your stock wiring.
Lets hear your reasoning behind this while keeping in mind that the new wire is more than capable of handling even say 100 amps more than the maximum that the car requires on the heaviest load.

You have done the big 3.
I know where the first 2 are. Idk about the third and is there any order I have to go in?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.