specific big 3

It makes it more complicated and is totally unnecessary. People have problems simply running these wires. I figure why make things difficult.
If you can't upgrade these simple simple wires then you should GTFO of car audio and leave it alone for good.

Same concept as changing the breaks or changing the oil. If you cant perform a simple task like that then you shouldn't even drive.

If you can't upgrade these simple simple wires then you should GTFO of car audio and leave it alone for good.
Same concept as changing the breaks or changing the oil. If you cant perform a simple task like that then you shouldn't even drive.
Dude chill out. Its not that serious. Im just saying alot of new people on hear have trouble wiring up the big 3. Im just trying to keep it as simple as possible. Im not on here to argue and could care less if he takes my advice or not. Im just trying to help. Chill //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/cool.gif.3bcaf8f141236c00f8044d07150e34f7.gif

Edit: I change the oil in all of my cars btw.

this

I'm pretty sure I can change them haha. Where's the last one usualy at though?

And I thought he meant keep the left over 1/0 not the factory wires haha

Dude chill out. Its not that serious. Im just saying alot of new people on hear have trouble wiring up the big 3. Im just trying to keep it as simple as possible. Im not on here to argue and could care less if he takes my advice or not. Im just trying to help. Chill //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/cool.gif.3bcaf8f141236c00f8044d07150e34f7.gif
Edit: I change the oil in all of my cars btw.
Lol If you thought that was offensive then you need to take a hard look at your own life bud.

when doing the big 3

your main goal is to make it as eazy as possible for electricity to flow.

you dont want any resistance on it at all.

the engine is grounded to the frame because the engine it self is what the alternator grounds to - so if the engine has a crappy ground - then your alternator also has a crappy ground - and if your alternator has a crappy ground then you bet it wont be performing as optimaly as it could possibly be doing. - the tranny is tied in there also = so why not make a ground for it also ?

I did on my vette - wich has a hybrid frame / chassis that is probably realley crappy at conducting electricity ( ground ) due to all the welds and diffrent pieces of metal its formed from.

actually since my frame of my car is basicly terrible at being a ground conductor =

I have ran 4 guage ground wire from my amps all the way up to my battery negative

and a junction 10" away from the amp to chassi ground also.

why ?

because electricity will take the path of least resistance - thats the idea of the big 3

what do you think would allow electricity to flow eazier thru ?

the steel frame of a car that is formed of diffrent pieces welded together ?

or a piece of fine strand copper 4 guage wire ?

id put $ on the copper wire every time - but that dont mean the frame isnt still being used for ground also - it is for shure, and is probably handling 30% of the load still while the other 70% of the load is going directly up the 4 guage ground - wich is going up the 0/1 guage big 3 ground wires you did that end up at your battery negative post.

what does it all mean ?

nothing

do the big 3

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.