Speakers to pair with Sony Dsx-gs900

Hello everyone. I’m looking for opinions on what 6.5 components to pair with my newly installed head unit. It is a Sony dsx-gs900. This is (supposed to) put out 45 watts rms per channel. Going off this decent but not too powerful head unit power I would assume I would need a set that has higher sensitivity? What are my options in the sub $200 range? Thanks in advanced.

Hello everyone. I’m looking for opinions on what 6.5 components to pair with my newly installed head unit. It is a Sony dsx-gs900. This is (supposed to) put out 45 watts rms per channel. Going off this decent but not too powerful head unit power I would assume I would need a set that has higher sensitivity? What are my options in the sub $200 range? Thanks in advanced.

IF you're wanting front and rear you can get a set of Infinity reference series, midgrade line for $170 delivered. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07N94MBY5/?tag=caraudiocom-20

Audobahn suggested the Polk MM series, you can get a set on amazon, 6.5 comps for $155 right now.
MB quarts has their whole line on sale, $114 for a set of comps, regularly $224.
Image Dynamics can be had at woofers etc, the CTX line has a $25 off coupon. I've never heard them personally, but I can't find a bad ID review. The CTX line w/ the coupon makes it the same price as their entry line.
The Polk and MBQ have a broad FR so in theory, your mids should be well represented but it is what it is. The Polk and Infinity are in the 93db sensitivity range so you should get more volume/loudness. The infinity can get harsh are very high volumes but that can be tuned down. No direct experience w/ the polks.
Good luck. I'm in the same boat, just sharing what i'm finding.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...