Speakers Going In and Out???

Participant count
  • Participant list

SaturnSC1
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
I just bought a Pioneer DEH-2000MP headunit, some Memphis PR 6.5s for the front and two Tsunami 5.25s for the back. By no means am i looking for the greatest quality out of this set up. I got the whole thing for about $300. Well, everything was fine for the first day, but now while driving my speakers cut in and out. I took it back to the place that installed it and they said that the speakers have some type of cut off when there is too much bass. So I turned the bass down to zero. Even with that the speakers still cut in and out. Could it be a blown fuse? If so, roughly how much would that cost to fix??

If a fuse is blown, there will be no sound at all. Look at all your electrical connections on the Pioneer and your speakers, Make sure they are good and tight. It sounds like you have a loose connection somewhere to me.

Does it go on and off on bumps, or turns...? Or just driving straight at a steady pace?

I know my speakers used to cut off when I did a hard turn left... it was funny. 'specially when I tried to drift... when my speakers cut out people would flip. Like, "OMG! WE'RE GUNNA DIE!"

But I'll digress.

Make sure the connections are tight on everything. The people at the shop BS'd you. Too much bass wouldn't cause your speakers to cut out... if anything it'd cause them to bottom out which would result in a really coarse and rough "THUMP". You'll know what I'm talking about if you heard it.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.