Speakers Cut Out Randomly

Participant count
  • Participant list

kmmbstreet

CarAudio.com Newbie
I have a JL Audio setup in my 202 GMC Sierra Denali consisting of an RD900/5 amp, C2-650 components in the front & C2-650 co-axial in the rear, and 2 10W0v3-4 subs under the rear seat. A couple days ago, I'm driving and the right speakers just went out. They came back on and then go out randomly since. Today all the speakers & subs went out and then came back on. What could be causing this?

Yes Check your amplifier connections, as well as the supply connections at the battery,ANL fuse/INLINE Supply fuse. All Ground connections and the Big 3 wiring if you have that done.Check all connections for Corrosion. It may be time to cut off old corroded portion of the wiring and refresh with clean wiring and new connections. You could even replace the INLINE/ANL supply fuse if it is a couple years old. They do get weak over time from heat, cold, and road vibrations. They are cheap enough that I change my once a year and check all my battery connections every six months.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...