speaker wire too big for push connectors

Participant count
  • Participant list

mrtonytompson

Hey, im trying to wire my hds315 down to 1 ohm using 12 gauge speaker wire. Only problem is it is too fat to fit. Can this cause distortion if all of the wire cannot fit in the connector? Just got my sub fixed from soundqubed and its making a rattling sound at any volume. What should i do?

the sub is still making the rattling noise after being fixed? and am I guessing right that your doubling up the 12 ga? Wait till you get to the one where you have to triple it up lol. Im looking into some "tee" type connectors as I feel your pain with this

if the wire is shorting to the metal case of the woofer or the other terminal then yeah you'll get distortion.

otherwise definitely not, if you get the majority of the wire in there it's going to make a connection and keep it unless the wire is pulled out. if theres a couple strands of copper sticking out the sides its not going to change anything considerably besides raising the resistance by a very minute amount

Im going with this

MPR4S.jpg

with a bolt into the push terminals. then tighten a nut down on a few of these and running it off to the 4 sets of vc's

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.