speaker wire size

Participant count
  • Participant list

HectorZ
10+ year member

I got 150 watts per channel going to my Rainbow Components up front.

Speaker wire is so ****ed expensive these days and I gotta run a lot of it. I figure I will be running about 80 feet of it and I don't want to get a larger wire than I need.

I also need a wire size recommendation for my Adire Audio Brahma 10 inch.

Appreciate any help yall can give me.

I was thinking 12 guage for the sub and 16 for the speakers.

Originally posted by HectorZ I got 150 watts per channel going to my Rainbow Components up front.

Speaker wire is so ****ed expensive these days and I gotta run a lot of it. I figure I will be running about 80 feet of it and I don't want to get a larger wire than I need.

I also need a wire size recommendation for my Adire Audio Brahma 10 inch.

Appreciate any help yall can give me.

I was thinking 12 guage for the sub and 16 for the speakers.
wire is wire.

16 gauge would be enough for the BIGGEST system there is. There you go, you've just saved yourself a chunck of money. If you were planning on getting wires with brands, then go for something that's not mainstream. 80feet? Get a whole reel and share with friends. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Originally posted by Goddyd4me speaker wire expensive????? walmart 7 bucks...for 50 ft....comeon now...
I guess he was looking at something like PG's zeropoint series. I only bought 2 meters for my sub wires....(that was prior to CA.com, mind you) the rest, I've used PG quiksilvers 16AWG (also prior to CA.com, thought I had to get monster cables instead).

Originally posted by tyranis Look for some Kimber Kable black pearl series. Or buy a new motorcycle! LOL used to be several thousand, exotic audiophile speaker wire.
and I bet when used in a car audio system (with the car running about 30MPH), no one would still be able to tell a difference. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

thick wires are preferred for subs, whilst thin wires are good for highs (or that's what I remember..gotta do something with resistance)

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.