speaker wire question

If you are going to wire your box with 8 guage just run the wire straight form the amp through the box. Just make sure that you seal the hole you drill through the box.

only if you're pushing like 2-3k watts through 16 gauge right now, and even then not too much gain will be noticed
okay thanks so its basically pointless for me then since im only putting out about 1500 haha

okay thanks so its basically pointless for me then since im only putting out about 1500 haha
if you already have 12 gauge or bigger, I doubt it'll even be an audible difference by going any bigger, hell even if you had 16 gauge i doubt it'd be audibly louder

however if ur one of those people that likes to add every little bit of strength possible even if u can't tell individually in your additions, yes stepping up to 8 gauge WILL transfer more power to your amp, as would stepping up to 0 gauge even lol

Yeah, if you are only running 1.5k then 12 ghuage will be fine. If you are running more power over 3k then yes, it also helps lower box rise when you do a large box

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.