engine noise

500000watts
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
MI
mustang GT, 2 hifonics amps, pioneer deck, focal comps and mb quarts in the back.

im getting a real high pich engine wine when my car is on and when it idles up so does the noise.. i ran the RCA's on the passenger side and all power on the driver. each amp is grounded seperatly. i really cant figure it out.. is it because im running 3 RCA's together or could it be the power wire in the engine bay that needs to be wrapped?

You could have blown the pico fuse on your pioneer deck and your RCAs are now ungrounded because of it. If its under warranty, take it to a local Pioneer repair place. You can also search the forums here for multiple DIY ways to fix it.

ground loop isolators sux, there's a thread on fixing the noise around here. I have the pic on my pc where it shows how to ground your rca's (not that it worked for mine, but I think my whine comes from the line out)

ground loop isolators sux, there's a thread on fixing the noise around here. I have the pic on my pc where it shows how to ground your rca's (not that it worked for mine, but I think my whine comes from the line out)
yeah grounding out the rca is better but i sometimes seen installer use insulators to just get it done.

The installers use isolators because they don't know much about what they're really doing and are looking for the easiest "fix" for what is usually an install related problem. So rather than actually troubleshooting the problem and actually fixing it, they slap a band-aid on it. Problem with using an isolator is that it uses a transformer to decouple the HU and amp. A transformer has an inductance which affects the frequency response of the output.

ren a small piece of bare wire around the rcas at the back of the hu and connect them to the hu case. Also try a common ground for all the amps. The diffrence in ground voltage between amps is "Groundloop"

Say amp 1 has a reistance to ground of .003

and amp 2 has a resitance to ground of .002

That .001 diffrence is ground loop noise.

i did that to my premier 880prs yesterday and no engine noise what so ever.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

ground the rca's

will that RCA grounding work for me, i have the p9800BT and the RCA's are not directly in the head unit, they come off a line themselves

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.