Speaker Setup Advice

Participant count
  • Participant list
Good Afternoon all-

Am a newbie here and was seeking some advice on a speaker setup in my 2012 Mustang v6 Coupe. I am learning about matching everything up per the RMS and ohms and so forth. First off, here is the equipment that I have:

Stock radio head...not a shaker system

Quinn Acoustics Q682 Speaker 2-way - 40 W (RMS) / 120 W (PMPO) - 6" x 8" 40 W (RMS) / 120 W Peak

Kenwood KFC-C6882ie 3-Way 6" x 8" 60 W RMS / 240 Peak

The Quinn speakers are already installed in the rear deck, the Kenwood's are on their way to me from Az. Ebay item for 41.00. My question for everyone is should I put the Kenwood's in the front or in the back? I want some good bass, not shaking my whole car bass just some good bass. I was thinking of putting a sub and amp in my car but just don't know yet. Was thinking of just a amp to the rear or front speakers and no sub....just don't know. I have heard of a sub that runs off the rear speakers instead of the head unit but am still checking that out.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. I want to do this just one time and one time only. The rear speakers are a pain to get to. Hope everyone has a great day!!

Mickey

Since you already got the other speakers in the rear, I would put the Kenwoods up front. To be honest the best way to get good bass is a litle sub and a smaller amp, nothing big like 2 12 inch subs, a 10 inch would be perfect for you, but its all about preference.

Also if you want the best sound, consider an amp for the speakers too. But if you cannot do that you can surely make them sound good off a headunit with the right settings.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.